• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas who sell stuff on ebay... help?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

iv'e never sold stuff on ebay, and i need to know... does it cost you money to sell stuff??? and if so with out a bank account how would you pay ebay,for whatever you sold??LOL ...i want to sell some clothes,toys,extra formula, ext, but i don't know how to use ebay to sell and i read somewhere something about it costing money to use ebay to sell items... please explain to me!! lol thank you =)

i really NEED the money =)

** everything i do on ebay is by money orders ,since i don't have a bank account**

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lizmarie1975
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Ebay does charge the seller fees.  I'm not sure of the particulars.

Also, there are many selling groups here on Cafemom where you can accept money order or well concealed cash as payment.  Click on my siggy.

roxy85
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:13 AM

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

That would answer your questions. You need a credit card, checking account, or a house phone in your name for them to validate your identity. You have to pay for posting your listings, any pictures you list, AND an additional fee based on how much you actually sell the item for. You CAN NOT use money orders on Ebay except in the categories of real estate, business & industrial, adult only, and motors. If you're already doing that somehow you could get into trouble with Ebay. People could pay you through PayPal which I believe would send you a check that you could take somewhere and cash since you have no bank...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

iluvmybaby175
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM

theres a lot of sellers that accept money orders.

Quoting roxy85:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

That would answer your questions. You need a credit card, checking account, or a house phone in your name for them to validate your identity. You have to pay for posting your listings, any pictures you list, AND an additional fee based on how much you actually sell the item for. You CAN NOT use money orders on Ebay except in the categories of real estate, business & industrial, adult only, and motors. If you're already doing that somehow you could get into trouble with Ebay. People could pay you through PayPal which I believe would send you a check that you could take somewhere and cash since you have no bank...

iluvmybaby175
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:59 AM

thanks. i just figured it would be easier on ebay to sell the stuff. but i guess not LOL my son's formula is waaay expensive. i doubt anyone on here would buy it . it's over 40 a can..ima do it a little cheaper but it's brand new so not by much. and the other stuff is stuff i'd rather have a bid going on becuase it'll go for more then..gwim??

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Ebay does charge the seller fees.  I'm not sure of the particulars.

Also, there are many selling groups here on Cafemom where you can accept money order or well concealed cash as payment.  Click on my siggy.

haleyannsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM

There are other auction sites that don't charge fees like blujay.com and ecrater. I recommend kijiji which is owned by ebay but is free. it is much like craiglist. Good luck

iluvmybaby175
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

thanks

Quoting haleyannsmom:

There are other auction sites that don't charge fees like blujay.com and ecrater. I recommend kijiji which is owned by ebay but is free. it is much like craiglist. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)