Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe this irresponsible mom said this to my 7 year old! When my 7 year old was being the responsible one!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM
  • 15 Replies

My neighbors kids ages almost 2, almost 4 and 6 play with my two daughters ages 4 1/2 and 7.  Well they were outside my house yesterday playing and I heard like a baby sound.  I opened up my garage door and saw that the almost 2 year old was standing on our step in the garage.  I saw her sister who is 6 and I told them that they shouldn't be playing in our garage.  Well, anyway my 7 year old just loves to play with the 2 year old because she thinks of her as a baby ( she is really tiny)  I think that mom thinks my 7 year old will watch out for her 2 year old.  Anyway, I called my two in for dinner, and the 6 year old says we have to go in in 5 min.  I said well she has to come in now.  My daughters weren't too happy about coming in either but they did. 

Then not even 5 min later I hear them through my screen door...Miss Michelle, Miss Michelle...I went to the door and there all 3 of them were.  I said Yes?  She said we have to go in now.  I said ok.  Well they left their 2 year old sister there.  My oldest saw this.  ( Of course they had to disrupt their meal time) She runs out side and picks up the 2 year old and starts to carry her through our grass to her home.  I told her to put her down.  Apparently the mom doesn't mind if my oldest picks her up.  We have told her in the past that she is not to pick her up.  Well anyways, she puts her down and just holds her hand.  Well the 2 year old tripped on the grass and my daughter was still holding her hand.  I saw the mom walking towards my daughter to get her and heard her tell my daughter Don't hold her arm that way you can break her arm!  I can't believe she would say this, when she didn't care all the while that she was over hear and even out of her sight.  I told my daughter that she did the responsible thing by taking her back to her house and that she because she is only 7 didn't know that you need to let go of her arm when she trips.  I mean Why ????  Am I wrong here? 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleM72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM

bump

Mover
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM

My youngest sister lets her three kids run the streets all the time. This is why I would never let her watch my dd.  My sister keeps asking if dd can spend the night some time.  I always say no, but this is the exact reason.  I know that dd would never be watched by an adult and she would be out running the streets as well.  I think it is irresponsible to do this kind of parenting too.

momaof8
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Why wouldn't you confront this mom? Why would you let her send over a two year old that isn't supervised?

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

M0M0F03
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Quoting momaof8:

Why wouldn't you confront this mom? Why would you let her send over a two year old that isn't supervised?

This is what I was thinking. If something happened to that baby you could be held responsible. You knew she was there, and you contacted no one; therefore, your taking responsibility for her. I would tell that mom her 2 yo was welcome at your house, only when she is along.

krazykathi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM

I think you are absolutly right. I would never let my two year old out of my sight and if she did somehow get out I would be greatful th the 7 year old that was looking out for her. The other mother is completly in the wrong and needs to learn to llok after her children instead of letting them wander. Just my oppinion.

www.myspace.com/krazy4peter
MichelleM72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM

I know I thought that the mom would come back ( honestly to get her)  I think that now I should have taken the 2 year old and walked her home and told the mom She was over at our house and I know that she probably got out of your sight and you wouldn't want anything to happen to her.  I just can't believe a mom would send over a child so young, and then have the nerve to say that to my child who was trying to help and being the responsible one.

Quoting momaof8:

M0M0F03
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM

That does take some nerve...some parents don't think at all...sad for her kids.

Quoting MichelleM72:

I know I thought that the mom would come back ( honestly to get her)  I think that now I should have taken the 2 year old and walked her home and told the mom She was over at our house and I know that she probably got out of your sight and you wouldn't want anything to happen to her.  I just can't believe a mom would send over a child so young, and then have the nerve to say that to my child who was trying to help and being the responsible one.

Quoting momaof8:

MichelleM72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Oh and for her 6 year old.....She shouldn't talk back especially to someone's parents.  I told mine to come in and eat and she said but we will have to go in in 5 min.  Mine would NEVER say that to someones parents.    Then also why were they back at my door 5 min. later telling me they were going in now and that they wouldn't be able to come back out.  What for....I think a guilt trip.  No manners whatsoever!

MichelleM72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM

bump

scootermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Quoting krazykathi:

I think you are absolutly right. I would never let my two year old out of my sight and if she did somehow get out I would be greatful th the 7 year old that was looking out for her. The other mother is completly in the wrong and needs to learn to llok after her children instead of letting them wander. Just my oppinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)