Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am freakin out...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

I woke up sick this morning and I have a nine week old baby.  I worry that she could get it from me.  Has anyone had a baby this small get sick?  I am so afraid that she could get pnemonia or severly ill because her defenses aren't fully developed.  I made a Dr. appointment for me this morning, hopefully it's something that antibiotics will help...

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Michelle2080
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM

If it is in fact something that antibiotics will take care of then she shouldn't get it, that would mean it's bacterial and not viral. Just wash your hands frequently and be careful. I was sick several times early on with my 2 kids and they didn't get sick, although it is possible. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I was sick a few times and my kids never got sick. Wash your hands a lot, cover your mouth when you cough, ect.

Medical_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM

All I can say is wash your hand , wash your hands , wash your hands. I understand your concern but chances are whatever you have been exposed to happened a couple days ago so your DD has been exposed to. So just keep an eye on her for fever etc but more then likely she will be fine GL feel better.

My two favorite people

momof2little1s
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM

if you are breastfeeding you do not have to worry, you will give her antibodies in your milk.

My Sweet Girls-Catlin & Lilly

My Sweet Baby Girl Molly Elizabeth-Due 7/14/09

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I learned to cough and sneeze in my sleeve, not my hands.  Fully wash your hands, not hand sanitizer.

Quoting othermom:

I was sick a few times and my kids never got sick. Wash your hands a lot, cover your mouth when you cough, ect.

~Jill~

bec94
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM
Are you breastfeeding? Your baby will get antibodies from you then. Also do as the previous posters said about washing hands and coving mouth when coughing. Just keep an eye on your baby and if you see any changes call the doc or on call nurse. Hope you feel better!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

sweetsis23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I wish I could breastfeed.  My baby was in the ICU for the 1st week of her life  and was given formula out of a bottle.  Even with pumping every 2 hrs, I couldn't keep the milk production.  I only got engorged the night the milk came in, after that, I only produced small amounts of milk.  I tried religiously for 6 weeks and gave up.

Quoting momof2little1s:

if you are breastfeeding you do not have to worry, you will give her antibodies in your milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)