• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texas Mama's NEW LAW!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM
  • 10 Replies

This is more for us that live on the Gulf Coast, if you don't obey the mandatory evacuation then you will be arrested!!! Thank goodness, too many stupid people stayed during IKE and some bodies are STILL being found in Galveston!!!

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Arrested?

Our system is so messed up.

m0m2twoboys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM

ewwwww 

gypsydancer7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Quoting kk_bella:

Arrested?

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM

THat's terrible! I live in a beach town (Not in Texas), and I leave if there is even a volluntary evacutaion! You don't play with the ocean!!!

savannahnhi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM

WHERE  are they going to go and evacuate if they have no family and no money for hotel.  have you seen the shelter?  I grew up in New Orleans and we never left during Hurricane season

kk_bella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Quoting savannahnhi:

WHERE  are they going to go and evacuate if they have no family and no money for hotel.  have you seen the shelter?  I grew up in New Orleans and we never left during Hurricane season

Not to mention, I have evacuated for five hurricanes. None of them ever hit us EXCEPT Ike. None of my neighbors evacuated. We did because I was pregnant and knew our power would  be out. F that!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Well, if your house was looted the last evacuation then you would be thankful.

Quoting kk_bella:

Arrested?

kk_bella
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

Well, if your house was looted the last evacuation then you would be thankful.

Quoting kk_bella:

Arrested?

Yeah. My parents hosted Katrina evacuees in their home for almost a year after Katrina. Turned out they were total frauds and lied to my parents about everything. Lived there rent free, everything free, fed, for almost a year.

I haven't had the best experiences with evacuations.

But regardless, my beliefs aren't based solely on my personal experience. They are also based on logic and liberty. I don't agree with the law and my house being looted or not being looted would not change the way I feel about that.

Jamie_Clark05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM

OMG thank all that is holy!!!  I will NEVER forget this couple that lived in a downstairs apartment in Galveston and decided not to evacuate!  Not only should those people be arrested, but the one's with children should have their kids taken away!  There is just no excuse for that.  I still don't know what happened to that family!

What really pissed me off what the coast guard had to make "rescues" for some of those idiots at the last minute.  Some people are just idiots!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Yeah, there was a couple over here that had two youner children that didn't want to leave because they thought it would be like Rita was. Well Ike slammed us (we're close to Surfside) and they had no way out because of how flooded it was and the roads were impassible on Blue Water Highway because well..there were no roads there!

Quoting Jamie_Clark05:

OMG thank all that is holy!!!  I will NEVER forget this couple that lived in a downstairs apartment in Galveston and decided not to evacuate!  Not only should those people be arrested, but the one's with children should have their kids taken away!  There is just no excuse for that.  I still don't know what happened to that family!

What really pissed me off what the coast guard had to make "rescues" for some of those idiots at the last minute.  Some people are just idiots!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)