Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD will be allowed to drink at 10....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM
  • 17 Replies

This is what SD tells me yesterday that her mother had told her.  At her moms house she can drink when she is 10.  A couple weeks ago on a visitation with her bio mom, bio mom told her that she should get a boyfriend and have a baby when she is 8 since I let her get her nails done at 7.  The last visit her bio mom threatened her that if she told me and her dad anymore of what she (biomom) says that sd wont be able to see her (biomom) anymore.  So last night was the last stray for me.  I texted her and told her we needed to talk. She replies back with a 'good god what now" which didnt help with how pissed I was already.  So I go out on the porch and I call her.  Things didnt go well......she said everything SD was saying was lies.....Then she started explaining some things.  Like the threat was that SD couldnt tell us what she 'overhears' her mom say.  I told her rather than threaten SD that maybe she should watch what she says around her.  So then this chick, who mind you is older than me, starts calling me mom, saying "okay mom" to everything I say to her.  So, with my temper already long lost I told her that her daughter already calls me that and I dont need her (biomom) to call me that as well.  Oh, it got so ugly....she told me not to tell her what to do.....I said I shouldnt have to, she should understand what to say and not to say in front of her daughter. I brought up how the last time she got SD was when she (biomom) was moving into yet another house with another roomy.....and Biomom mentioned how the roomy hates kids....so naturally SD gets upset and her mother replies back with "quit it, you'll never meet her"  WHAT!?!  I know she doesnt get her much but come on....she just doesnt get it.  And she has a one year old with another guy that she lost custody to as well.....or gave up custody to I guess I should say.  UGH!!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Am17
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

wow. drinking at 10, thats a bit much. that lady sounds like a real nut case. sorry that happened

mrsjoeljr
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM

That's awful. Thank goodness your daughter has you to protect her.

CafeMom Tickers
kksmommy23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Have you tried to stop visitation?  Sounds like that may be the best thing to do.

suebee3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
She sounds like my mother-in-law )who calls my 4 and 2 year old bitches because they don't want to sit on her lap all day) and they need to be on meds. Good luck.
necro1134
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

my dad started drinking at 10..but anyways thats besides the point...good luck with dealing with the biomom, she sounds like a nut.

BabyJulesMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Is she crazy? I see why she lost custody. And I would believe SD didn't tell any lies.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Quoting kksmommy23:

Have you tried to stop visitation?  Sounds like that may be the best thing to do.

I agree.

momma2-3boys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I feel horrible for your SD that she has to deal with her biomom being childish and immature.

Thank goodness she has you in her life to actually parent and mother her!

eyegirl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Some people shouldn't have kids. Sounds like my Step-daughters mom. She kicked the oldest out at 18 because she wouldn't sleep with her step-father to get pregnant and have a baby for them

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM

what a lovely biomom! so glad i dont have to deal with that BS. thats absolutely rediculous! Then again my aunt had her youngest when i was 13 or 14 and she told me when her daughter was 13 I could take her to her first rave. But ive grown up since then and dont go to raves anymore even though I would love to.

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)