Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period Question..yes it's TMI sorry =)

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM
  • 23 Replies

My period finally came. I had a miscarriage last month so I was waiting for AF to get here before we can try again. But that's off topic LOL. Every time I have my period I get horrible diarrhea (told you it's TMI). It's not 24/7 for the whole 5 days, but it's pretty frequently. At least twice a day and it's very uncomfortable. I'm not sure if this is due to a fluctuation in hormones or what, but it's happened to me for many many years...even before having DD 1 1/2 years ago. It wasn't such a big deal when I was a SAHM because I could go when I needed to go....although sometimes it happened while at the store or driving and that was a nightmare. But now that I work full-time it's a massive problem. There is only one "private" bathroom, the rest are public. I've got to run across the whole building and pray no one else is in the "private bathroom". And if I'm in a meeting, which I often am, I can't leave to go. Plus people will wonder where the heck I've disappeared to for 10-15 minutes.

Is this normal? Has anyone else dealth with this? Should I ask my gyno about it...I don't really have a regular doctor anymore? I'm just sick of living off of Immodium for a week.

CafeMom Tickers

in love I Married My High School Sweetheartttc

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZiemMya2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Yes i have had this problem for years but not as worse but yes... 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I've never read about this as being a normal period symptom that some women get so I wasn't sure if I was the only one or if it was abnormal or not.

Quoting ZiemMya2:

Yes i have had this problem for years but not as worse but yes... 

CafeMom Tickers

lyott07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I would ask your gyno... might be embaressing to ask.. but im sure they've heard wierder things..lol... good luck mamma..

Lupe

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:08 AM

lol...it's embarrassing enough to post on here with women I don't even know. But I'll have to ask at my next appointment. It's really getting to be too much.

Quoting lyott07:

I would ask your gyno... might be embaressing to ask.. but im sure they've heard wierder things..lol... good luck mamma..

CafeMom Tickers

The_New_Me
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I have it everytime my period comes on, the weird thing is i can tell when it is that time of the month by it and when it is going away.

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

It's not bad enough to have to deal with bleeding and period cramps. Then they gotta throw in diarrhea and those stomach cramps/pains. And hubby wonders why I hate those 5 days out of the month so much lol.

Quoting The_New_Me:

I have it everytime my period comes on, the weird thing is i can tell when it is that time of the month by it and when it is going away.

CafeMom Tickers

The_New_Me
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Yes it is i hate when it is that time. I am going through it right now and boy I can't take it sometimes

Quoting nikkikry:

It's not bad enough to have to deal with bleeding and period cramps. Then they gotta throw in diarrhea and those stomach cramps/pains. And hubby wonders why I hate those 5 days out of the month so much lol.

Quoting The_New_Me:

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM

So am I and I hate constantly feeling like I might have to run to the bathroom at any moment. This morning I took Tylenol and Immodium before heading to work and I still got stuck in the bathroom. It always comes on at the worst moments and I've even been late to work before because I just can't hold it anymore. And of course I can't explain that to my male boss.

Quoting The_New_Me:

Yes it is i hate when it is that time. I am going through it right now and boy I can't take it sometimes

Quoting nikkikry:

Quoting The_New_Me:

CafeMom Tickers

PortiaCat
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM
I used to have that problem on the first day or two of my period. Have you tried taking fiber? I don't know if it will help, but ... And yes, definitely ask your doc.
nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I bought fiber pills, but I never started taking them...silly me. I used to be lactose intolerant as a child/teenager, but that went away. I've been keeping my eyes out to see if it's related to something that I eat, but there doesn't seem to be any connection. I do get diarrhea a lot more frequently than a normal person (even when I'm not on my period) so there might be a bigger problem. But it gets noticeably worse when AF is here.

Quoting PortiaCat:

I used to have that problem on the first day or two of my period. Have you tried taking fiber? I don't know if it will help, but ... And yes, definitely ask your doc.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)