Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you find people on Facebook

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just started a facebook page today, and I don't know how to find friends.

I  mean, I found the "friend finder" but it brought up like a million pages. Is there anyway to filter them to a location?

Love Invader Zim or JTHM? Come join my fan group!!!

JTHM Fans

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Type in their name in the search box at the top right hand corner of your page.

~Jill~

Hayliesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM

yes you can filter to certain networks... I have to go log in on fb, to remember how to do it,i'll post in a sec!

Visit my website for all your skincare, beauty, jewelry needs and more!  www.youravon.com/HGullitch

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM

bump

JTHM Fans

ShortCakeScrap
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

You can narrow it down by First Name + Last Name, City or State.  I've done it that way and it narrows it down some.

Hayliesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM

ok, type their name in the upper right hand search box on your homepage, a whole list of them will pop up, then click the people tab, directly below that it will say "show results from" and will have a drop down menu.  You then select, if its not the same network as you, you will have to put "other network" and type in where they should be.  after that, hit the search button at the top, and it will refresh your page to just that network.

Visit my website for all your skincare, beauty, jewelry needs and more!  www.youravon.com/HGullitch

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thanks!!

Quoting Hayliesmom:

ok, type their name in the upper right hand search box on your homepage, a whole list of them will pop up, then click the people tab, directly below that it will say "show results from" and will have a drop down menu.  You then select, if its not the same network as you, you will have to put "other network" and type in where they should be.  after that, hit the search button at the top, and it will refresh your page to just that network.

JTHM Fans

aimige
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:28 AM

They also have to have thier information searchable.. Mine isn't so people have to find me through friends... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)