Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the difference? Maybe TMI?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

Whats the difference in between contractions when breastfeeding and the contractions of an orgasm? I had a c section 7 days ago, and am pumping, i know my uterus is contracting when pumping, so whats the difference if i was to have an orgasm? No penatration though, just clitoral stimulation.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Between what?

~Jill~

nana77500
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM

ok ill bite....difference to what????

bigdog

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Bump sorry accidently i posted before i was done typing...

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Noone has an advice?

MeVinceandBaby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

wait, so you feel the same sensation as an orgasm when you're pumping breastmilk? or do you just feel your uterus contracting in the same way it would if you had an orgasm?? just tryin to understand the question :)

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I feel it contracting just like i would have an orgasm....I know it sounds strange i would even think of this after only 7 days.....but my husband and I are very sexual people, when everything is normal, not a day goes by that we dont have some kind of intimate contact at least twice daily.....These 7 days have killed me....Again sorry if TMI, but surely im not the only mom that has these feelings this early?

So in short, my flat out question is, my uterus contracts when pumping, why couldnt i have a clitoral orgasm?

Quoting MeVinceandBaby:

wait, so you feel the same sensation as an orgasm when you're pumping breastmilk? or do you just feel your uterus contracting in the same way it would if you had an orgasm?? just tryin to understand the question :)

Dspahni
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Okay let me see if I can explain this in a way it will make sense, You had a baby 7 days ago and your cervix isnt closed yet, when you pump your breastmilk then your uterus will contract its natural thing, it helps speed the healing process. When you have an orgasim your uterus doesnt contract, Your cervix contracts and when you have an orgasim your cervix contracts to help semen get through your cervix. so contractions from your uterus and from your cervix is two different things. I hope that makes sense, if it doesnt then I will try to explain better.. I dont even thing you are suppost to have an orgasim that soon after having a baby because it can cause your cervix to dialate more and cause more bleeding.  I will have to try to explain it again, because its not even making sense too me, sorry I tried though..   I know what I am trying to say just cant seem to type it out.

amb_josh
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I didnt dialiate though...i had a c section. Nor am i bleeding, I bled for 4 days and thats all and even that was super light, hardly got on the pads Please forgive me if this sounds like stupid questions...Im a first time mom, and never been through anything like this before, and thats the reason im asking other moms

Quoting Dspahni:

Okay let me see if I can explain this in a way it will make sense, You had a baby 7 days ago and your cervix isnt closed yet, when you pump your breastmilk then your uterus will contract its natural thing, it helps speed the healing process. When you have an orgasim your uterus doesnt contract, Your cervix contracts and when you have an orgasim your cervix contracts to help semen get through your cervix. so contractions from your uterus and from your cervix is two different things. I hope that makes sense, if it doesnt then I will try to explain better.. I dont even thing you are suppost to have an orgasim that soon after having a baby because it can cause your cervix to dialate more and cause more bleeding.  I will have to try to explain it again, because its not even making sense too me, sorry I tried though..   I know what I am trying to say just cant seem to type it out.

MeVinceandBaby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Dspahni:

that makes perfect sense :) and OP i don't think it would matter whether you dilated or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)