• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sell it or Keep it?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

If you were divorced would you sell your wedding ring or would you keep it and  give it to your daughter?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Michelle2080
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Neither. I sold mine...but I didn't have children with him either so that may be different 

ArmyWifey4907
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

It depends on the situation I guess.  If the divorce was amicable and we both wanted it, then I'd probably keep it but put it in my jewelry box for safe-keeping.  I'd never give it to my daughter (if I had one).  But if I was divorced because of other issues (infidelity, abuse, anger, etc.), then I'd definitely sell it and get what money I could. 

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Hmmmm....I'd probably keep it. I don't know how my daughter would feel about getting a "tainted" wedding ring LOL. But hopefully that doesn't happen to us. But if it did, like I said, I'd keep it cause it has a lot of memories attached to it.

CafeMom Tickers

in love I Married My High School Sweetheartttc

SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

depends, do i hate the man? am i still on good terms with him?

if it was my hubbs now, i would never ever be able to sell this ring, it has so many memories attached to it. i'd lock it away..

indigostone
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Personally, I would sell it... if I needed the cash (or jewelry box space).  It's an object, and I don't make sentimental attachments to things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)