Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with a part time job?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

I really want one - especially since we're planning to have #2.  Problem is, I've worked before and went to school and my husband could hardly put up with my stress level.  He's scared that if I get a part time job we won't see each other like we should and it could effect (or should it be affect?  not sure...) our relationship.

I also have fibromyalgia, go to school full time, and of course I'd be pregnant... My pain spikes like crazy during pregnancy and standing, stress, and walking exacerbates the pain as well - and of course I wouldn't be able to take any decent meds..

But, I'm still curious - What type of part time job do you have?  Does it interfere with your relationship?  Do you get paid decent & what hours do you work?  Oh, and how did you find it?

lesssecureABVHicon.png less secure ABVH icon image by DecrainkhopesavedABVHicon.png hope saved ABVH icon image by DecrainkbeginfeelgrumpyABVHicon.png begin feel grumpy ABVH icon image by Decraink

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
danysmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM
I drive a school bus part time, and go to school full time. For me the schedule is great, I work from 6:30 to 8 a.m. and from 3 to 430 p.m. I go to school in between bus runs. Pay varies between school districts/bus companies. Good luck
NewMom2RAD
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I work 15 hours per week doing data entry, $8.50 an hour. I used to work there full time a few years back, WAY before marriage and kids. I am pregnant with our 2nd, I started there when I first found out. It is evenings and very laid back. It seems like something you should look for if you have something like that in your area, we have a lot of call centers etc around here where you are basically a number, so you can enjoy the people you work with but it's easy to be flexible, you can just go in and sit at a cubicle, do what you need to, leave. My husband travels and my mom watches my son most of the time. He is about to go salary from hourly, so I may be able to quit once the baby is born in November. It doesn't effect our relationship, we already miss each other a lot when he is gone for 4-5 days out of the week anyway. It keeps me busy at least! I don't know what I would say with your fibromyalga (spelled right?) AND school full time AND part time work. But between kids is the time to get it out of your system. If it's not about the $$ but just about you doing something that's YOURS, you could also consider a home business selling avon or tupperware or candles or something you can get into. If you just need to get out of the house, you could try a cooking class or something like that. Good luck! :)

Redheadmommaof3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I work in the business office of a school district.  I work 4 hours a day and my schedule varies.  I LOVE my job because all 3 of my kids are right there and I work when they are at school.   I also reshelve library books 5 hrs a week - VERY flexible hours.  Since both of my jobs don't interact with the students, I can pretty much set my own schedule.  They pay is very good - better than I have made at other jobs.  Good Luck!

how are you

Beth ~ Redheadmommaof3

jbcmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

i have a part time job. i work for a radiologist group answering phones at night. i work 3 days a week. this fall i'm going to be going to school full time and i have 3 boys to take care of but lucky for me they are all in school. my hubby watches them at night so no babysitter needed. i really like my job. i know i can handle it all when school starts.

Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I work in the child care department of the gym I go to.  It's only about 12 hours a week - we do 3 hour shifts, and it's only for minimum wage, but I get a free gym membership, and I can bring my son to work with me.  So, even though the pay isn't great, the money I'm saving in return - don't have to pay for daycare or a gym membership - is well worth it.

ERNAProud
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Go to kgb.com. They offer jobs at home. It is fun and easy, but it takes a couple of weeks to get through the training/hiring process. But you set your own hours, so you can basically work when you want. They only ASK you to work at least 6 hours per week:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)