• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's it! I'm DONE!!! *some cussing*

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

So last night DH gets home from work, he's all pissy and bitching and slamming doors.  So I lovingly go over to him put my arms around him and asked him what was wrong.  He goes "My CO told me I have to start paying to get my haircut again."  I asked him why, because I'd been cutting his hair for the past month and a half and it's always looked almost as good as it does when he goes to the barber shop.  He goes "CO told me you suck ass at doing my hair."  Well that hurt...No I'm not a professional, but I thought I was doing pretty good.  So I asked DH "Well you think I do okay, right?"  He hesitated, then goes "Well actually I agree with CO."  WTH?!?!!  My DH thinks I suck ass at cutting his hair and he couldn't even tell me what I was doing wrong so I could fix it?!?!!?!?  I was getting pretty upset but I didn't want to start a fight, so I told him "Fine, then go change out of your PTs and go to the barber shop.  I won't cut your hair anymore."  So he goes into the bathroom.  Comes back out 10 minutes later, HE SHAVED HIS HEAD!!!  I have nothing wrong with guys shaving their heads, especially when they're in the Army like DH, but my DH DOES NOT have the right head to be bald.  I can't decide whether he looks like a walking penis or a golf ball (he's got weird dents in his skull from childhood).  I was LIVID!  I told him he could've just spent the $10 to have the barber fix whatever the hell I messed up (which I couldn't see, I thought I did pretty damn good).  And DH hates shaving his head.  He had to in training before his deployment 2 years ago and he hated it.  So why would he do it again when there WAS an alternative?!?!?!

I know it's a stupid thing to get mad about, but he looks absolutely ridiculous!!!  DS won't even go near him now!!!! 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM

LOL poor thing. i cut dhs hair. one day i tried a hign n tight and it wasnt awful but it wasnt great and he got snappy with me and said "might as well just shave it i look like a moron" so i said fine and shaved it! hahahaha but thats all we do now. :) but GL and men are such butts sometimes lol 

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Men sure can be a pain in the ass, can't they? Let him go to the barber. And if he ever asks you to do his hair again, refuse. 

INTERESTED IN SAVING ON YOUR GROCERY BILL? LOVE COUPONING? JOIN US!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102020

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Sometimes its easier for them to shave their head completely to fix the problem. You may think his hair looks fine but his CO and the other soldiers know what is wrong with the hair cut. It could hvae been beyond fixable and it would have had to have been shaved anyways. We use to cut my DHs hair when he had a high and tight. Now he has a different type (due to what he does) and he gets it cut at the barber. Its hair it will grow back.

Addiemom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I HAte my hubby bald too! When he had to have his head shaved I made him wear his hat.  :) I'm sorry he said that about your haircuts. Atleast he was letting you cut it and not saying anything. That shows some caring! I would never ever try to cut my hubby's hair. He is so picky! Hopefully your hubs hair will grow back quickly!

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

WOW can i say your hubby was being a pussy LOL military barbers SUCK!!! they have messed up on my hubby's (he's navy) hair and ive had to fix it.. one time it was soooooooo bad we had to BIC his head!!! that was horrible cuz he only bics his head the day before he goes out to sea so he doesnt have to cut his hair as often... but i hate seeing his WHITE head LOL and if he took that much offense to his CO saying something he didnt need to take it out on you... he was the one that let you cut his hair.. its his own dang fault not yours LOL Man if my hubby was told that he'd tell his CO where to shove it up his ass.. then again thats the diff between army and navy LOL

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

lizmarie1975
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Sounds like someone had a temper tantrum. 

I would just rub his head and when he asked me what I was doing, I would say that I was making a wish!

scotlynsmom07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

It probably wasn't about you at all. Army guys can be extremely ruthless when they don't like the way your hair is cut. i'm sure whatever his CO said wasn't  just as simple as "your wife sucks at cutting your hair". He was prolly taking out a lof of aggression and frustration. My DH is picky about his hair too but doesn't want to pay the barber shop every week. I've only cut it twice but he usually does it himself. I know what it's like to have an anal hair nazi in your house. LOL. Just try not to take it personal.

And just so you know, a lot of CO's prefer the hair to be shorter than reg allows. His hair was probably fine but it was just his preference that made him say something. Especially in infantry units....they're the worst about their anal haircuts. Dont ask me why.

ArmyWifey4907
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

That's the thing though, his hair WAS shorter than regulation...way shorter. 

Quoting scotlynsmom07:

It probably wasn't about you at all. Army guys can be extremely ruthless when they don't like the way your hair is cut. i'm sure whatever his CO said wasn't  just as simple as "your wife sucks at cutting your hair". He was prolly taking out a lof of aggression and frustration. My DH is picky about his hair too but doesn't want to pay the barber shop every week. I've only cut it twice but he usually does it himself. I know what it's like to have an anal hair nazi in your house. LOL. Just try not to take it personal.

And just so you know, a lot of CO's prefer the hair to be shorter than reg allows. His hair was probably fine but it was just his preference that made him say something. Especially in infantry units....they're the worst about their anal haircuts. Dont ask me why.

tattedmommynlj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM

LMFAO yup i gave my hubby the scenario and he said he would tell his co to f off LMFAO Dont take it personally he was just taking it hard hearing that his co didnt like his hair.

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM

LOL. I'm sorry to laugh but we went through this exact thing when we were in Germany! I bought clippers and such ad did dh's hair -twice- and he got ripped a new one by his LTC. My dh also agreed that I sucked at cutting hair. It's like de` ja vu' to me to read your post.

Quoting ArmyWifey4907:

So last night DH gets home from work, he's all pissy and bitching and slamming doors.  So I lovingly go over to him put my arms around him and asked him what was wrong.  He goes "My CO told me I have to start paying to get my haircut again."  I asked him why, because I'd been cutting his hair for the past month and a half and it's always looked almost as good as it does when he goes to the barber shop.  He goes "CO told me you suck ass at doing my hair."  Well that hurt...No I'm not a professional, but I thought I was doing pretty good.  So I asked DH "Well you think I do okay, right?"  He hesitated, then goes "Well actually I agree with CO."  WTH?!?!!  My DH thinks I suck ass at cutting his hair and he couldn't even tell me what I was doing wrong so I could fix it?!?!!?!?  I was getting pretty upset but I didn't want to start a fight, so I told him "Fine, then go change out of your PTs and go to the barber shop.  I won't cut your hair anymore."  So he goes into the bathroom.  Comes back out 10 minutes later, HE SHAVED HIS HEAD!!!  I have nothing wrong with guys shaving their heads, especially when they're in the Army like DH, but my DH DOES NOT have the right head to be bald.  I can't decide whether he looks like a walking penis or a golf ball (he's got weird dents in his skull from childhood).  I was LIVID!  I told him he could've just spent the $10 to have the barber fix whatever the hell I messed up (which I couldn't see, I thought I did pretty damn good).  And DH hates shaving his head.  He had to in training before his deployment 2 years ago and he hated it.  So why would he do it again when there WAS an alternative?!?!?!

I know it's a stupid thing to get mad about, but he looks absolutely ridiculous!!!  DS won't even go near him now!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)