Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Working Mom VS The SAHM...............

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 151 Replies

Poll

Question: WHO DO YOU THINK HAS A HARDER MORE DIFFICULT JOB?

Options:

SAHM

WORKING MOM

BOTH

NEITHER

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 367

View Results

I have seen a many of these posts here on CM, and I used to think that the SAHM, and the Working Mom had equally difficult jobs. I am a SAHM, while I feel what I do as a SAHM is WORK, after last night I have got to hand it to all the WORKING moms out there! How do you do it? I used to work up until about 3 weeks before my son was born. I now have 2 kids and I have been home for 3 and 1/2 yrs. Last nite my DD was up literally every 20 minutes. I honestly have no flippin idea how I would function and be able to go to work after a night like last night. But I know there are many of you Mommas out there that do just this. I had 20 minutes of solid sleep last night........ I have a lot of house work to do and laundry but honestly, I doubt a whole lot of anything is getting done and damn straight I am going to take a nap first chance I get!! Working moms don't get that chance to nap........

So are you a working mom or a SAHM and who do you think has a tougher job?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeVinceandBaby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:59 AM

i think we equally have it rough in different ways 

Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

DITTO

Quoting MeVinceandBaby:

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I'm a sahm...and no offense to you sahms, but it's a cake walk, lol! What I do now, compared to what I did when I was a working mom? Not even comparable. I think what I do is important for my family, but I most definitely believe I have it easy in comparison!

lizmarie1975
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Mamagirlz:

DITTO

Quoting MeVinceandBaby:

What they said.

HeatherMae55

SAHM is harder for me.  I dont like it.  I need my independence and pay check.  I feel worthless being a SAHM - but after school hopefully I'll get a decent full time job. 

When I worked, went to school and took care of my son, sure I was stressed and overworked - but I LOVED it.....

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

Amberfire82

I am a working mom. I voted both though, I think it really depends on a woman's personality. I prefer to work, if I stayed home my kid would drive me crazy. Actually I prefer to work AND go to school, I have my Bachelors degree and I am now applying to grad school so next spring I will prob be back in school full time again and working full time.

faeryfrog
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I'm a SAHM, and I think Working moms deffinately have it harder. We all cook and clean and spend time with our babies but my time is unlimited and can do it all throughout the day, working mom's only have a certain timeline they can get everything done.

CafeMom Tickers
Kays_Mama06
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quoting MeVinceandBaby:

Yeah.

It can go off into so many different spectrums.

You have your single moms, your moms that are married stay at home but DH's are deployed, you have the married moms that feel single and stay at home, and even the married moms that feel single and work..

Its just all in how you make it work FOR YOU. You can't compare all of those possibilities like they are the same. The only thing linking them is motherhood and that ALONE is tough.

Amberfire82

Quoting HeatherMae55:

When I worked, went to school and took care of my son, sure I was stressed and overworked - but I LOVED it.....

this for me too, exactly.

Miss.Ann.Thrope

Why compare the two?  I've never understood this particular pissing contest between mothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)