Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say something or just let it go?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

I work part time a few evenings at JCP.  Typically, there are 2 of us closing in my department every night. We are responsible for making sure the store is clean, everything is in its proper place and so forth. I work in the home department, which is very large, but we are usually done cleaning up in about a half an hour, so we go downstairs to help. They are almost NEVER done straightening on time down there, most days we stay later than scheduled.  The other night it just so happened that my department was a DISASTER. There were 2 of us, but we weren't finished within the hour. The closing managers called and asked if we were done, we said no, so she says she's calling the meeting and releasing the people who work downstairs. She then calls the meeting and says everyone but the home team are to come, then we see them all leave. That's when we got pissed off. We are always, ALWAYS, helping downstairs, and the one time in like 6 months that we need help upstairs, they get to leave and we have to stay. I don't think it should be that way. If we have to help them, they should help us as well.

Tonight I am closing with my department manager, who was also closing that night, and I want to talk about it. Do you think that's a good idea?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dima128
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Definitely you can bring it up Remember its not what you say but how you say it. You can be respectful but serious as well. Time to exercise that backbone girl, do your thang!

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM

LOL thanks. Luckily, I have a manager who is very easy to talk to.

Quoting Dima128:

Definitely you can bring it up Remember its not what you say but how you say it. You can be respectful but serious as well. Time to exercise that backbone girl, do your thang!

Kays_Mama06
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Yes. I would've said something to whomever the mgr was THAT night.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

We were pretty pissed, but we finished our work and just left without speaking to anyone.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Kays_Mama06
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Probably for the better.

I know i can't exactly speak clearly when im THAT pissed. lol.

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

We were pretty pissed, but we finished our work and just left without speaking to anyone.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Mattjrsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I would leave it unless it happens again....  I would though be upset hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Marimaru
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I would say something when I was done cleaning my department.  I would tell my manager that I was leaving and I wasn't going to be helping that other department in the future, since they couldn't be bothered to help us out when we needed it.

pregnancy

She's a girl!!

Momofqmer
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Just a thought that my good-ol-dad shared with me one time...  you  are being paid to work, so whatever needs to be done that's within your time that you are being paid is your concern.  It's really not your responsibility to worry about what the other workers are doing or not - whether they are helpful or not.  You will be rewarded for working and doing your job - even if the others don't.  Sucks, but it does take the anxst out of it.  I definitely wouldn't stay late to help out, though!  Best of luck, Sweetie.love you sign

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

**I said something to my manager. Her response was "Well, you weren't up here long, and it was already 10, we didn't want to keep them later."  OK then, since I'm consistently leaving after 10 when I go down and help, I won't be going anymore. I will clean up my department for one hour and then at 10, I will leave.**

21noahsmama21
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I would probably say something, especially if you have a good manager that's easy to talk to.  But when that happens to me, I look at it this way:  Working alone makes it take longer, the longer I'm there, the more money I get.  But I can totally understand being upset.  When you're wanting to get out, and no one helps, it can be infuriating, especially when you ALWAYS help them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)