Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you suggest he do?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

My husband is a deputy over at the sheriff's office and for the past month or so they have been having him do work detail. which is where he takes a handful of inmates and they go and do various projects around the community. Well today his captain came up to him and offered him another 2 months of it, so he would go back to his normal schedule at the beginning of October.

He doesn't know if he wants to stay on work detail because he really doesn't like the whole mon-fri thing, but I love it cuz he has the weekends off and if home by 4 everyday. with his normal schedule he works four 12 hour shifts then has 4 days off.

The only thing I am nervous about is when I go into labor it will be a little more difficult if I have to call and say hey its time. he has to load all the inmates up and bring them back to the jail before he can come home and help me.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST HE DO?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BethPrice1345
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I would take the detail work. If this is your first preg. you will have lots of time (most likely) by the time contractions start to when you need to leave.

BethPrice1345
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Ok, just looked at your profile and see that this is your second. How fast did you go the first time? If it was fast, then I would definitely have to think about it, but if you took 14 hrs like I did, you will probably have time. All pregnancies are different, so I guess you never know, but at least you have something to base it off of.

Quoting BethPrice1345:

I would take the detail work. If this is your first preg. you will have lots of time (most likely) by the time contractions start to when you need to leave.

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM

This is our second baby. but I have family around that can take me to the hospital and take care of my son so its a concern but not really kwim I just want my husband with me

Quoting BethPrice1345:

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I was in labor for 14 hours as well so Im not super super concerned but sorta

Quoting BethPrice1345:

Ok, just looked at your profile and see that this is your second. How fast did you go the first time? If it was fast, then I would definitely have to think about it, but if you took 14 hrs like I did, you will probably have time. All pregnancies are different, so I guess you never know, but at least you have something to base it off of.

Quoting BethPrice1345:

AJmum
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Couldn't he just call another officer to come takeover?

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Im pretty sure that they would just have dispatch send another officer out to sit with the inmates until they could get somebody to bring them all back  they are really good to work with but I am looking for good points to talk to my husband about. He is basing this a lot on having his 4 days off

Quoting AJmum:

Couldn't he just call another officer to come takeover?

SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

i love the mon-fri thing, and home by 4pm, i would LOVE THAT! haha. i work mon-fri and im home by 5:30ish, hubby is mon-fri but doesnt get home till at least 8pm..i'd go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)