Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Anything Make You Remember??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so I am sitting here listening to music, and My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE song is "Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson. The reason behind it is cause I lost my mom when I was 14 - 11 years ago July 9th - and she was only 36 when she passed. She had leukemia and only made it 1.5 months after finding out. She passed so young and left 5 kids behind (then - 16, 14, 9, 5, & 1). We all miss her alot and when this song came out I just right away Connected to it. So my question for all of you is........

Is there a song or something that reminds you of a loved one that has passed?? If so what is it??

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren8892
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I can't listen to the song "Who you'd be today" without BAWLING!! It was played at my best friends funeral and no matter where I am I still cry like a baby and it was 4 years ago.

HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Butterfly Kisses.. 

My Dad died when I was 17,  I was a sophomore..

I cry during the whole song, but especilly tear up when he talks about walking her down the aisle... 

crying

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

haileysmom2833
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

This one does it for me too!  My dad died when I was 13 years old.  I had a hard time at my wedding anyway knowing that he wasn't there, but then the DJ played this song as the father daughter dance!!  I had my step dad there, who I call and consider my dad, but I still cried like a baby!! 

Quoting HeatherMae55:

Butterfly Kisses.. 

My Dad died when I was 17,  I was a sophomore..

I cry during the whole song, but especilly tear up when he talks about walking her down the aisle... 

crying

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Reba-He gets that from me, it reminds me of how much my son is like his daddy!  (He passed away when my son was almost 2)

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Daddy's hands by Holly Dunn. Reminds me of my dad.

My dad died when I was 15 in 1984 and my mom when I was 22 in 1992. They weren't supposed to die and leave me alone so soon. I needed them still.  Sorry for your loss. Even this many years later I still sometimes cry when i look at their wedding picture. I lost everything years back in a flood except for their wedding picture. It's all I have of them.

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

"stand back up" by sugarland. This song was played at my grandmother's funeral last year. It was the saddest day of my life. I wrote this long poem for her in remembrance of her life. She would of loved it.  this is a great song thou.

***   WHO'S WAR IS IT ANYWAY? ***

Michelle2080
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

The wind beneath my wings by Bette Midler reminds me of my mom who passed away 1 year ago on Aug 14. She loved the song for as long as I can remember. The last mothers day I spent with her I surprised her. I taught myself how to play the song on the piano, which I have never played piano before and don't know how to play anything else. (I know how to read music b/c I played an instrument in grade school)  I played it for her as a Mother's day gift....I had my SIL's piano brought to my house just so that I could do it for her, she had been battleing cancer for 7 months at that point. She loved it, and cried.  

LiveLaughLove09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Ok so that made me cry!! That was so sweet of you to do that!!! I am sorry for your loss....It's definately hard losing a loved one....

Quoting Michelle2080:

The wind beneath my wings by Bette Midler reminds me of my mom who passed away 1 year ago on Aug 14. She loved the song for as long as I can remember. The last mothers day I spent with her I surprised her. I taught myself how to play the song on the piano, which I have never played piano before and don't know how to play anything else. I played it for her as a Mother's day gift....I had my SIL's piano brought to my house just so that I could do it for her, she had been battleing cancer for 7 months at that point. She loved it, and cried.  

LiveLaughLove09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I agree, & I am sorry for your loss. You show to me that you are a very strong person. I couldn't imagine losing both parents at such a young age then on top of it lose everything I have of them. I don't have much of  my moms things either. But I definately cherish the things that I do have!

Quoting mirandar2001:

Daddy's hands by Holly Dunn. Reminds me of my dad.

My dad died when I was 15 in 1984 and my mom when I was 22 in 1992. They weren't supposed to die and leave me alone so soon. I needed them still.  Sorry for your loss. Even this many years later I still sometimes cry when i look at their wedding picture. I lost everything years back in a flood except for their wedding picture. It's all I have of them.

LiveLaughLove09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Thats SWEET!!!

Quoting Jessie3398:

Reba-He gets that from me, it reminds me of how much my son is like his daddy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)