Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school supplies

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone else have to get tennis shoes and a swimsuit to leave at school for P.E.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Is that for Junior High or High School?  I remember having to do that in those grades. It was all kept in a PE locker with the uniform.

bulfrg_317aaj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM

No it is for elementary. It is on the school supply list.

mrsmilfy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Nope... my SS is in Jr. High...he needs two cans of air freshener though. I guess 7th grade boys stink that bad lol!

youngmommy2be09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Not for elementary, Just Jr. High and High School.

The shoes are mainly because you can have some good running shoes in your locker instead of using your regular shoes (which now are usually loose skate shoes that you cant really run in)

The bathing suit if the school has a pool and they actually do swim. If its a girls bathing suit and a two piece make sure not to get the ones that tie at the neck! The boys will try to pull the strings and make the bathing suit to come down. (horny boys looking for a flash!!!) 

I know this World Is So...Cold and Deceiving, But I keep my Head up...Like My nose is bleeding. - Lil Wayne- 

youngmommy2be09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM

You might want to go to the school and ask about it! I dont see any need if your kid is in elementary!

Quoting bulfrg_317aaj:

I know this World Is So...Cold and Deceiving, But I keep my Head up...Like My nose is bleeding. - Lil Wayne- 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Quoting bulfrg_317aaj:

Well, the kids are required to have gym shoes in PE. I assume the school just wants to make sure everyone will have a pair on PE days. Some kids show up in sandals, or inappropriate shoes on such days.

The suit, well if the school has a pool I guess I can see why.

Mover
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM

No, my dd's school doesn't have a pool. As for tennis shoes, She just has to wear wear them on her PE day.

CathyMcN
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM

When my daughter was in Pre-K, she had swimming for 30 minutes every Friday.  I don't really have a problem with sending a swimsuit to school - even though there wasn't any true instruction, she became more confident in the water as a result of the weekly exposure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)