• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grapes for a baby??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

I gave my DD some grapes the other day, I cut them in like 4 pieces each (she is almost 1 and has 2 teeth) She LOVED them.... but I just wanna make sure they are okay for her to eat, because I'm sure she can't really chew the skin up very well. I wanna give her a few more right now but just thought I'd see if anyone thinks maybe I shouldn't?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

just peel them and slice them into tiny bites.. she should be fine.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

piwife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I did the same but i peel the skin.

I am a feed your baby what you want, public bf supported,pro-life,pro immigration, lover of animals. co-sleeping ,vaccinating, gun supporter, colombain girl in love with a us. marine (aka my hubby' mistress)
Paesana82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM

If you're worried about the skin, you can either cut the grapes smaller or peel the grape. I had these red grapes once and the skin was really easy to peel off.If you can't peel it, just cut it smaller.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

youngmamma11

As long as you are cutting them up small enough so that she can't get them stuck in her throat then you should be okay. I'm pretty sure we gave my daughter grapes that young. I still cut them up for her and she is 2.

tattedmommynlj

just peel them and make sure no seeds.. hehe unless its really tiny cuz itll stay whole all the way trhough and youll see it in the poop.

Woman/mommy/wifey/crazy

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

It's probably fine.  At walmart or target they have those mesh net things you put food in and let the baby chew on so she would get everything but the skin.

CafeMom Tickers
lovebugs_mom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM

You should be ok. I peeled the skins for my daughter when she was that age, but she didn't get her first tooth until almost a year old.  

Mrs.Nitroride
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I agree with the other posters....just peel them before you let her eat another one.  I actually had my DS almost choke on a grape before (they were cut in halves), my MIL gave him some and didn't peel them beforehand.  He was 3 years old then..so I would personally not give any to a baby, but that's just me. 

If your DD chews them up well and you are comfortable with it, then go for it :)

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

MoOoSiE
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Just make sure you don't give her too many or she'll get a belly ache and diarrhea--at least that's what happens to my DS.

Lilypie

Lilypie
SunshineSmiles
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

i use to always cut ds's grapes up pretty small, i figured (someone pls correct me if im wrong) the peel on the grape is way too small for him to choke on since its smaller than bite size, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)