Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat Boulevard help please!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a 2005 Ford focus. We installed our Boulevard rear facing (she is 14 months and only 21 lbs)---- It fits in the center only. Isn't this the safest spot? It does not fit on the rear passenger side, its too big and sits over the seat belts. We have to also use the latch method. It will not work with the seatbelt, but I read seatbelt method is safer??? And there is No WHere to attach the tether strap except to have it form a V shape and block when we put her in(hope this makes sense)

does this all sound ok?? A police officer is coming but not til next week to look at it for us.

Also...the driver seat will not go back far enough for the driver to have room to drive!!!!....help! should we return this seat maybe? its not even that big...

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I have no idea sorry... I know there are a lot of ladies on here who are really knowledgeable about car seats so hopefully a couple come across this post.

Pregnancy Ticker

jcsmummy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

the middle of the backseat is the safest, then the rear driver's side, then the rear passenger.  we have a thing that we installed onto the floor of the car so it could be tethered while rear-facing. neither the UAS or the seatbelt is safer, they are both safe as long as they are not used in combination with each other.

I know what I am there ain't no other so let me be.....

Love_My_Leah
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

The LATCH system is safer, and the middle seat is safest. So it sounds like you're doing good. You dont attach the tether strap until they are facing forward.  

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Cognito
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM

WRONG!

LATCH was designed to be easier & is not any safer than a seatbelt.

Britax seats allow tethering while RFing. You have to use the D-ring that comes with the Britax seat to create a tether point.

OP I saw you posted in Car Seat Questions & it looks like you got some good answers & pics. I just got this seat & I'm installing it tonight so your post helped me too!

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

The LATCH system is safer, and the middle seat is safest. So it sounds like you're doing good. You dont attach the tether strap until they are facing forward.  

I'm passionate about Carseat Safety. See why at www.kyledavidmiller.org.

Milo Emery 12-13-06 Safely Harnessed in a Britax Regent (3rd slots), Graco Nautilus (3rd slots) & Apex 65 (4th slots). He's a BIG boy!

Jareth Remy 5-6-08 Officially Extended Rear Facing in a Graco Safe Seat Step 1 (middle slots). Will be getting a Britax Boulevard, Graco My Ride 65 & Cosco Scenera.

mamachristine
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I think I am only confused about the tether strap now basically. I dont like the "Australian Method" as they are calling it. But there is no where to use it the other way in my car, .... and I have never seen it used the way my SO put it in, but the manual says to do it this way.......

just real confusing!!!

Quoting Cognito:

WRONG!

LATCH was designed to be easier & is not any safer than a seatbelt.

Britax seats allow tethering while RFing. You have to use the D-ring that comes with the Britax seat to create a tether point.

OP I saw you posted in Car Seat Questions & it looks like you got some good answers & pics. I just got this seat & I'm installing it tonight so your post helped me too!

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

Cognito
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Look up the Swedish tethering. There is a little strap that you use to make a place to tether it to the floor (usually by wrapping it around the track of a front seat). The Australian method isn't commonly used in the US & only a few seats allow RF tethering to begin with. You can also skip the top tether all together. Just tuck it into the little pocket at the top of the seat. The top tether isn't mandatory, it's just an additonal feature.

I'm passionate about Carseat Safety. See why at www.kyledavidmiller.org.

Milo Emery 12-13-06 Safely Harnessed in a Britax Regent (3rd slots), Graco Nautilus (3rd slots) & Apex 65 (4th slots). He's a BIG boy!

Jareth Remy 5-6-08 Officially Extended Rear Facing in a Graco Safe Seat Step 1 (middle slots). Will be getting a Britax Boulevard, Graco My Ride 65 & Cosco Scenera.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)