Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spinoff of the drug test post..

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

there were some moms who said the children shouldnt suffer for their parents not getting food stamps because they didnt pass a drug test..and i read a reply that said it would be worse to have the kids be placed in a strangers home than be with parents who smoked weed..if its not something so major, then why do drs drug test pregnant women? if you come up positive in ga when pregnant or when you give birth you lose your kids..so..i guess what im getting at is...how come a child suffers when the mother does drugs during pregnancy- but not when the child is born and the parents do drugs? doesnt it still affect the kids?..im not bashing..i know a lot of moms here smoke weed..but,, in my opinion, they do need to drug test people on PA. yes its millions of dollars..but in my opinion, taking kids away from parents who smoke crack would be more beneficial to them, than staying with parents just for foodstamps..i dunno..im just rambling on.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
minimom11107
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Yea you are rambling! lol B/c I can;'t tell if you're talking about crack or marijuana. In most states women don't lose thier kids for smoking pot, baby in or out of the womb. Why? B/c it doesn't effect them. They may have a home visit and MAY have to go to counseling but usually that doesn't even happen. But crack and every other drug, including alcohol, do effect the children so they are very different scenarios.

Pregnancy ticker

southernjess3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM

guess both..i was trying to say that weed isnt as severe, but still..

Quoting minimom11107:

Yea you are rambling! lol B/c I can;'t tell if you're talking about crack or marijuana. In most states women don't lose thier kids for smoking pot, baby in or out of the womb. Why? B/c it doesn't effect them. They may have a home visit and MAY have to go to counseling but usually that doesn't even happen. But crack and every other drug, including alcohol, do effect the children so they are very different scenarios.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)