Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny Wedding Stories!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 26 Replies

Regardless if it happened at  your wedding or one you attended...I wanna hear 'em!

Okay, I'll start:

My 21st birthday was 2 days before my wedding (we had to plan it like this because DH was only sent home for a short time from basic for Christmas Exodus). So, we went out and drank, etc. The next day, I woke up with red dots all over my face (kind of like hives but they didn't itch). I just drank a lot of water and prayed that they would go away (I was getting married the next day!). My grandma and I went and picked up a few last minute decorations and things and then she took me to lunch.....and that's when it all started.....

Later that night at the rehearsal, I was feeling really hot and the dots were still all over my face. I thought it might have been from stress, so I kept trying to calm myself down. After DH and his brother left to go to his "bachelor" party (they went over to a friends house to drink...some bachelor party, right? lol!), I ran to the bathroom and started puking my guts out! not good.....

I went home, drank some water, and then tried to go to bed. DH came home (yes, we lived together....the sin....) a few hours later and found me in the bathroom "reviewing" my lunch. I told him to just leave me alone, so he went upstairs and went to bed. I had to keep getting up and running to the bathroom every hour or so and get sick...so I eventually made myself a cot on the floor so I would quit waking DH up. I kept drinking water to keep hydrated....and then eventually just kept throwing up just the water....I WAS MISERABLE!!!

Well, DH left in the morning and I was finally getting some sleep and then had to wake up, shower, and go to my mom's.

Needless to say, during the ceremony I had to try to compose myself (and almost excuse myself twice because I thought I was going to get sick...). During the reception, while everyone was drinking and doing shots, I was taking "shots" of pepto bismal! lol!

It was one of the best weddings ever, and I did have fun....but MAN! was it a bumpy ride!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM

My 17 yo brother was arrested the night before my wedding. He got into a fight with his GF in a gas station parking lot. They were hitting and scratching, so the cops took them in. My dad had to bail his ass out at 9am the day of my wedding. He was a groomsman.  Thank god he was a minor, for a judge saw him on a SATURDAY morning.

Whenever I celebrate my anniversary, I wish him a happy anniversary the night before. Last Thursday was 5 years since his arrest. lol

mitch576
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM

my oldest son has high functioning autism. he is from a previous marriage.

brilliant child.. but like most with autism, he is very literal. autistics have a hard time with things like "pragmatics" which is "social speech".

he was giving me away during peter and i's wedding. all he had to do was say " i do..."

when asked "who gives this woman"

well...  he and i are about to walk down the isle and i tell him " devin honey, all you have to say when the minister asks " who gives this woman"  is "i do"

oh no my friends... it was not going to be that simple.

here i am in front of family and friends... arguing with my 7 year old because every time the minister says "who gives this woman" and i tell dev " devy say  i do"

he turns and loudly states...." i can't i'm not the one marrying you! your my mom i can't marry you"

calmly " dev honey, just say i do"

dev : "NO I CAN'T MARRY MY MOM"

yeah.. i ended up looking at the minister and saying " yeah, he does" lol

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

gracielullaby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM

During the fight for the bouquet.....my new hubby's sister somehow hit my brothers GF(now wife) in the mouth and made her bleed. My new hubby's sis got the bouquet...or what was left of it...she's still single for "some" reason....

My DJ actually had technical difficulties...he had 2 disc players and one of them jammed completly during the reception but he had his back up...well that one jammed and would only let him play the cd that was in there....Bob Marley's greatest hits.....No one knew there was problems though until we thanked the DJ at the end of the night for a fantastic job and he told us. It was a good thing we like Marley!!!

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM

haha, that's really cute!

Quoting mitch576:

my oldest son has high functioning autism. he is from a previous marriage.

brilliant child.. but like most with autism, he is very literal. autistics have a hard time with things like "pragmatics" which is "social speech".

he was giving me away during peter and i's wedding. all he had to do was say " i do..."

when asked "who gives this woman"

well...  he and i are about to walk down the isle and i tell him " devin honey, all you have to say when the minister asks " who gives this woman"  is "i do"

oh no my friends... it was not going to be that simple.

here i am in front of family and friends... arguing with my 7 year old because every time the minister says "who gives this woman" and i tell dev " devy say  i do"

he turns and loudly states...." i can't i'm not the one marrying you! your my mom i can't marry you"

calmly " dev honey, just say i do"

dev : "NO I CAN'T MARRY MY MOM"

yeah.. i ended up looking at the minister and saying " yeah, he does" lol

stellastef
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Well, this "story" is one that my hubby says he'll tell til the day he dies, even though I didn't think it was *that* big a deal.  After the ceremony we went to go get pictures with my mom, who lives in an assisted living-type facility, she wasn't able to come to the ceremony.  So we went and got the pictures done and my DH and I were still in our wedding attire of course.  On our way out of the building, I noticed a vending machine and realized how hungry I was.  I had an early breakfast and the ceremony was in the afternoon and at that time it was probably around three or so, so I was hungry!  My DH let me get something and what did I choose to eat in a white wedding dress?  Cheetos!  I was sitting in the car eating orange cheetos in my white wedding dress.  DH thought it was risky but funny and I didn't see the big deal since I was eating right over the bag LOL.  But apparently that story will live on...thanks to my DH :).

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM

We had my cousin DJ and he and I were in on a secret. He was the only person (besides myself) to know what I was walking down the aisle to....

it started as a joke between us when we were getting the music together for that day...but then we just decided to do it.

So, before I made my entrance, everyone was walking down to Canon in D (the classical stuff)...and then the music cuts and everyone is waiting for "here comes the bride"....well, shame on them for not knowing me very well.....lol.

"Walk this Way" by Aerosmith comes on....and everyone just started kind of dancing in their seats....lol!!!!

Well, it didnt end there....when DH and I kissed, my cousin rigged it to the part in that song where it says "give me a kiss, like this!" haha, it was great!

Quoting gracielullaby:

During the fight for the bouquet.....my new hubby's sister somehow hit my brothers GF(now wife) in the mouth and made her bleed. My new hubby's sis got the bouquet...or what was left of it...she's still single for "some" reason....

My DJ actually had technical difficulties...he had 2 disc players and one of them jammed completly during the reception but he had his back up...well that one jammed and would only let him play the cd that was in there....Bob Marley's greatest hits.....No one knew there was problems though until we thanked the DJ at the end of the night for a fantastic job and he told us. It was a good thing we like Marley!!!

airbear41
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

When my new husband went under my dress to get the garter, he was in there for a little longer than I thought neccessary. Finally he got it and came out with a pair of my underwear on his head and the garter in his mouth. He had stolen the underwear from my drawer the night before the wedding and had them in his pocket the whole time!

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! that's hilarious!

nobody thought DH was taking my garter off the "right way." so they kept making him put it back up there and redoing it....lol!

Quoting airbear41:

When my new husband went under my dress to get the garter, he was in there for a little longer than I thought neccessary. Finally he got it and came out with a pair of my underwear on his head and the garter in his mouth. He had stolen the underwear from my drawer the night before the wedding and had them in his pocket the whole time!

mommy_of3boys
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Well, my first wedding was when I was 19, I paid for almost the whole thing myself.  Knowing I was getting short on wedding funds my Mom offered to have her friend, a Justice of the Peace, marry us, he was great and offered to do it for free.  I was thrilled, and yes I planned on giving him a little something!  When the day arrived we all met at the wedding hall and waited for the JP, and waited and waited.  My Mom was supposed to be picking him up at the airport on her way.  He went out of state to be at the parole hearing for the last guy he put away.  Well, said guy got out on parole and came after my JP.  Well, he has a consealed arms permit so he was packing heat and when this guy attacked him he shot and killed the man and went to jail!!  So on my wedding day my JP killed a man and went to jail!  No one wanted to tell me what was going on so 30 minutes after the ceremony was to start someone finally approached me saying there was no one to marry us yet, the whole story came out a few weeks later!  We did find a last minute replacement, thankfully!  And my Dad paid the crazy fees for it.

Charlies_mom_83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM

So when me and my husband decided to get married we just wanted to do it at the court house. We planned on just having his parents my parents and his daughter there. Well the plan didnt work because the judge doing our ceremony was also presiding over a murder trial. The jury bus broke down so the judge was late and by the time he got there the gut on trial for murder was in the courtroom along with all the lawyers. To top it off i had an ortho appt b4 the wedding and the tech didnt clip my wires right so after i had to go back to get my wires clipped and then we got to go eat with the fam.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)