Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas? whats going on? (PIOG) [UPDATE]

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok..so im 34 weeks with my first & over the weekend I have had super sharp stomach cramps followed with period like cramps. Today I woke up and my stomach is WAY hard & its doing the same thing..stomach cramps followed with period like cramps. I am also feeling like im going to throw up. Has anyone gone through this or know whats going on?

The only thing I can think of is that its cuz of stress. I had a horrible week. A girl I went to high school with died in a car crash & then my SO's grandpa died on Sunday. So idk if that has something to do with it or if its just a common pregnancy thing. HELP please

***UPDATE***

For those of you who wanted an update I ended up going into L&D and they monitored me for a couple hours. I had some pretty big contractions so they did the Fetal Fibronectin test & it came back negative..so I shouldn't have her at least for 2 more weeks which is good news. I am now dialated to a 2..which pretty much doesn't mean anything haha. But thank you guys for all your advice!

Lilypie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jjessers
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Sounds like contractions .....have you called the Doc?

I would let them know whats going on. 

Ambereno144
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM

yah i just did and they told me to go into L&D so I guess thats where im headed. has anyone else gone through this?

Lilypie
scootermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Just guessing but could be stress related.  Having one loved one die during one week is bad, having several people during the same week die i'd think would be even more stressful.  I'd call the doctor and see if he needs to go in, and see what he recommends.  If nothing else you'll have peace of mind.

alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I did.....and they lasted for 4 weeks!  I went to L&D twice only to be told, "you're contracting, but not enough to dilate"  Good luck!

MommySayz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM

they sound like contractions.  you should be fine, if they get bad or timed, then i would head to the doc or the ER just to be checked.  good luck!!!

jjessers
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Yeah...that happened with my SIL

Quoting alli1204:

I did.....and they lasted for 4 weeks!  I went to L&D twice only to be told, "you're contracting, but not enough to dilate"  Good luck!

blondie0800
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I agree hun.  It sounds like you may be having contractions.  Labor can be brought on by stressful situations, so you're doing the right thing by going to the Dr. 

Good luck to you and let us know what you find out!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)