Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be a Smarter Momma! ...and a Better Parent.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 23 Replies

Objectives:

Learn to appreciate how the child's brain is uniquely suited to learning at various stages of development, and the limitations (and special abilities) of children at various stages - then apply these principles in interacting with and learning from children in our daily lives.

Take an hour and a half for this lecture when you have time. lol!   Your kids are so worth it!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharebearII
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I know this isn't a drama post, (maybe I could spice it up a bit by saying that you must be a moron who doesn't give a flip about understanding her child(ren - breeders! lol!)'s upbringing if you don't make time soon to watch the video!) but I can't believe that not one person has even bumped me (maybe you're all actually watching and learning - but I doubt that)... This is EDUCATIONAL, Ladies. Don't you want to be good parents, and help others to do the same? ...or would you rather bash others and lurk in Public Assistance posts?

Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.

- Richard Dawkins
sharebearII
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM
brandithesuperm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Heres a bump for you. I can't hear what they are saying my computers sound isn't workin' right now but I'll come back and listen later.

imechard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I bookmarked it for later, thank you!

sharebearII
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Quoting brandithesuperm:

Heres a bump for you. I can't hear what they are saying my computers sound isn't workin' right now but I'll come back and listen later.

Great!  ...and thanks so much for the bump!  :)   It's about how children learn to think about things.  Developmental stages and so on.  The woman speaking is Dr. Andrea Marmor.  She's a pediatrician and UCSF educator.  This is a fantastic lecture, IMO.  I hope it helps ppl better understand what's going on in their kids' heads.  My DH won't watch it, but I took notes and now have to figure out how to explain it all to him so that he won't feel so dang frustrated all the time when he tries to interact with our 4 year old.  Good luck with that, right?  lol

sharebearII
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM

EmmyCora
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Really interesting. I've seen this before. A lot of these moms on here need to listen & learn.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Here's a bump so I can watch it later.

amymarie0315
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

Here's a bump so I can watch it later.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Bump so I can watch it late tonight when there are no kids to distract me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)