Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you like living without our military keeping your ass safe everday?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM
  • 78 Replies

What Does Health Care Reform Mean for Military??

Im not exactly sure what this health care reform will mean for military families but after doing some reading ive discovered this bill offers no protection for against them taking away our benefits. To get the word to the House and Senate about our concerns you can go here

http://capwiz.com/moaa/issues/alert/?alertid=13579581&type=CO

it only takes a FEW SECONDS of your time, you dont even have to write the message yourself its already pre-written, but we need to get the word out before its too late, and then we could be lumped into this health care reform where we end up off alot worse, I mean the health care benefits are one of the few things that help make up for the difference in pay in the military world vs the civilian world, and even then for some career fields it will never even come closing to bridging that gap, so lets help our families out and insure that we can keep our benefits...Isnt it the least that our men and women who fight for this country deserve??

more info

http://www.moaablogs.org/healthcare/2009/06/national-health-care-reform-and-the-military/

ItalianCouture7siggy-SS.gif picture by protogirl17

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with your post, and for that I do apologize. I just wanted to know what you finally went with regarding your rugs, drapes, and sofa pillows? I know that post was a long, long time ago, but I am curious. You have such great taste.

Italiancouture7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

This doesn't have anything to do with your post, and for that I do apologize. I just wanted to know what you finally went with regarding your rugs, drapes, and sofa pillows? I know that post was a long, long time ago, but I am curious. You have such great taste.

I bought the circle pillows so I stuck with those and I have the cream colored rugs with the curvy lines..and I bought turquoise curtains to go with my pillows, we also bought a new sofa and love seat, chocolate leather. I havent found any art yet, except for some plain painted canvas I thought about hanging above the couch. I still have alot of things to buy, like vases and accent peices but I have to spread the cost out because we dont have a whole lot of spending money so it may be a while before its fully done! lol I dont use credit cards so I have to save up in advance, but I promise once my room is finally done I will definitely post it!

ItalianCouture7siggy-SS.gif picture by protogirl17

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM

The moaa is a military officers organization and we are an enlisted family but I filled in the info anyway so that I could be emailed the text and I will send out an email. Thanks for the post...I posted a similiar topic awhile back and am still equally as concerned with out health care benefits.

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

Italiancouture7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting Susan0805:

The moaa is a military officers organization and we are an enlisted family but I filled in the info anyway so that I could be emailed the text and I will send out an email. Thanks for the post...I posted a similiar topic awhile back and am still equally as concerned with out health care benefits.

yeah in the drop down for branches and all that if lets you select enlisted and what rank if you are active duty so I think anyone can use this and it even give drop downs for friends to those in the service. But I can tell that most dont seem to really care about us military families, however the benefits really are crucial to having an all volunteer military, instead of a drafted military. Everyone I know at this base has said they would not re-enlist if those health care benenfits were taken away because they can make SO much more money on the civlian side for their jobs that is would no longer be worth it to stay in, what they would make as a civilian would more then make up for less insurance benefits by probably 3 fold

pink_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I just wanted to post more on your title then your actual post, I think it is wrong of you to say that most of us don't care about military families.  I may not be a military and have the experience to say what it feels like to be one.  But, I know how grateful I am for the military, the freedom they give to me and my kids, the risks they take each day, the ones who have given their lives for mine and my children, and especially for the wives that support them!  I think it is grouping a whole lot of people into one category to say we don't care!  I CARE A GREAT DEAL!

2brats1chkymnky
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Quoting pink_mommy:

I just wanted to post more on your title then your actual post, I think it is wrong of you to say that most of us don't care about military families.  I may not be a military and have the experience to say what it feels like to be one.  But, I know how grateful I am for the military, the freedom they give to me and my kids, the risks they take each day, the ones who have given their lives for mine and my children, and especially for the wives that support them!  I think it is grouping a whole lot of people into one category to say we don't care!  I CARE A GREAT DEAL!

clapping

RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Sounds beautiful.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting RmeWifey01:

I bought the circle pillows so I stuck with those and I have the cream colored rugs with the curvy lines..and I bought turquoise curtains to go with my pillows, we also bought a new sofa and love seat, chocolate leather. I havent found any art yet, except for some plain painted canvas I thought about hanging above the couch. I still have alot of things to buy, like vases and accent peices but I have to spread the cost out because we dont have a whole lot of spending money so it may be a while before its fully done! lol I dont use credit cards so I have to save up in advance, but I promise once my room is finally done I will definitely post it!

adamjackie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I think you need to change your title. I find it offensive as a military spouse. Most of my friends are civilian families and they care a lot. I see a lot of moms on here that do care and wish our troops well.

Quoting pink_mommy:

exceptalilfish
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

you KNOW most people dont care about military families or what happens to them? LAWL obviously you dont know as much as you think.

Italiancouture7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Quoting pink_mommy:

well I wasnt talking about you..I said most and from MY experience most dont. ive seen several posts on the matter and most of the non-military moms were complaining that we get enough and that we should get over it, and that we dont need our health benefits, which is so far from the truth...so im not sure why you were so offended by my title if you do care, because I was talking about those who dont not those who do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)