• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those people who hate the military

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 89 Replies

I hope that someday you will not have to eat your words. I hope that you can go through your life feeling the way you do because that is your right. I hope that when the day comes, our troops will still be there to protect you and you children even though you hate them. Becuase that is what they do. They protect you freedom. They protect your life. And they do it without asking for a reward or even a Thank you. They do it, because that is thier duty; their honor. Keep hating and they will keep protecting.

Proud Mommy to a beautiful little boy named Lucas and a proud AF wife!!! air forceyellow ribbonbaby boy

a wedding website

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmomma259
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Well put! We live in this free country because of them!!! I applaud all military personel AND their families!

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I don't think anyone hates the military. I don't agree with where they are at the moment, but I am informed enough to know that that's not the militarys fault, it goes much higher up than that.
And I also don't think that they should have "walking on water" status. It's a job choice. They chose to do it, an their wives and husbands chose to marry them knowing what they were getting into.

dswarila
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Quoting youngmomma259:

Well put! We live in this free country because of them!!! I applaud all military personel AND their families!

I really wish everyone would!!

Proud Mommy to a beautiful little boy named Lucas and a proud AF wife!!! air forceyellow ribbonbaby boy

a wedding website

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Quoting isra1986:

I don't think anyone hates the military. I don't agree with where they are at the moment, but I am informed enough to know that that's not the militarys fault, it goes much higher up than that.
And I also don't think that they should have "walking on water" status. It's a job choice. They chose to do it, an their wives and husbands chose to marry them knowing what they were getting into.

Oh yes...there are PLENTY of people who hate the military...

My loves <3 Sr. Airman Walker && G. Elijah

youngmomma259
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

You must not have seen previous posts. Yes it is a job choice, to fight for your country, I am proud to be marrying a military man.

Quoting isra1986:

dswarila
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Quoting isra1986:

I know for a fact that people hate the military. And you are right, it is not the military's fault what is going on. That falls on the government. Our military members are employees doing their job. But it is also their honor to do it.

And as for knowing what they are signing up for, that is not true. Many have no idea what they are getting into... But once they are there they accept the responsibilities thrust upon them. I am not trying to "walk on water" I am trying to raise awareness of a hero that many people take for granted. 

a wedding website

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I don't know about other military wives, but I married a man I love that became a soldier. I was with him for 4 years before we got married. So, yes, I knew what the military life was like (most of my family is military), but I married him before he became a soldier.

And also, just because I "knew what I was getting into" doesn't mean that I can't complain about anything or openly worry about him.

I also don't think that soldiers should be considered "holier than thou" but I do think that they should be given more respect than they have now.

Quoting isra1986:

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I didn't read the other post. I think it's dumb that someone would hate someone because of their job (unless that job is theift or drug dealer or pimp!)
That's great that you are proud of your DH's job, I am just as proud of my non Military husband.

nana77500
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM

i dont hate the military....there has to be a military.But,some of the wives i know do have God complexes and there ot even the ones that are serving.like isra said.its a job and they knew what they were getting into (especially now)there wives also knew....but you know what the man down the street is a city cop and i bet he goes threw just a much crap...and nobody is out there giving him cudos for what they do.so its 6 od 1 1/2 dozen of another...

mrsmilfy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Quoting nana77500:

i dont hate the military....there has to be a military.But,some of the wives i know do have God complexes and there ot even the ones that are serving.like isra said.its a job and they knew what they were getting into (especially now)there wives also knew....but you know what the man down the street is a city cop and i bet he goes threw just a much crap...and nobody is out there giving him cudos for what they do.so its 6 od 1 1/2 dozen of another...

Cops and Firefighter's and emergency personnel to get Kudos, as I believe they deserve to. Military personnel and wives do know what they were getting into, just like any other person going into a career field...I think the point is, just because we knew the dangers of marrying/joining the military doesn't mean we can't complain, vent, gripe, cry, be upset...everyone does it and has the right to...military or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)