• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cell Phone Users, Did You Know This?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does everyone know about the awesome prices you can get thru WalMart's Let's Talk on new contracts and existing contracts?  I just got a BlackBerry Bold for 99cents!  I upgraded to 2 day shipping and it was $4.95.  They offer Sprint and Verizon phones as well, but I Have attached the ATT link only... I guess I live under a rock!

http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/browse.htm?pgId=100&serviceCorpId=596

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shay52085
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Bump

adri_nevarez
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM

thanks... i know it is a rather stupid post, but i was amazed at the differences in prices between the retail stores and walmart wireless... i wish i would have known sooner!

Quoting shay52085:

Bump

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

If you already have an existing plan can you renew your plan to get a new phone

TwinkleToes25
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM

looks to me like the only way you can get them at those cheap prices is to start new service or sign another contract.  cause I checked about just getting the phone, (since I have a sim card and can switch it from phone to phone) and the prices are way high, just like in the cell phone store.  I prefer to buy one off ebay and just switch my sim card. much cheaper.  JMO

Lillylou
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Thanks!!! I'm checking this out now.

RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM

What if you want a new phone but do not want to renew the contract? We are w/at&t now but when dh comes back from Iraq he wants to go with Verizon. My current phone sucks. It's a LG Shine (red).

Quoting loralynn:

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quoting TwinkleToes25:

looks to me like the only way you can get them at those cheap prices is to start new service or sign another contract.  cause I checked about just getting the phone, (since I have a sim card and can switch it from phone to phone) and the prices are way high, just like in the cell phone store.  I prefer to buy one off ebay and just switch my sim card. much cheaper.  JMO

Yup. Except now I don't have a sim card lol (Verizon) but I can still switch the phones on their website easy.

adri_nevarez
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM

yep, you just switch to contract extension in the last drop down!  Thats how I got my bold for 99cents, it was free if it was a new contract!

Quoting loralynn:

adri_nevarez
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM

i think the prices are same as retail... but it does have a phone only option!

Quoting RmeWifey01:

What if you want a new phone but do not want to renew the contract? We are w/at&t now but when dh comes back from Iraq he wants to go with Verizon. My current phone sucks. It's a LG Shine (red).

Quoting loralynn:

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

Quoting loralynn:

My daughter has the same phone as you and she hates it.  It shuts off randomly on her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)