• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! Black widow!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM
  • 13 Replies

There was a black widow on our steps yesterday!  OMG!  I was taking the trash out and looked down & saw a spider.  I freaked and yelled at my SO to come kill it!  He came out like "whatever a spider no big deal' Then he say it & yelled "Get back it's a black widow!" & turned into a puss, lol.  I thought he was dumb so I looked it up in the internet a minute ago & it was.  It had the red our glass on it's back.  It wasn't real big though.  I'm afraid to go out the steps now.  & I sit on the steps all the time.  EEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imechard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Black widows are not large spiders, but they weave webs and stay there so as long as you clean those webs, they really should not be a problem. They stay in their webs, so they do not run all over the place

stuckinamess
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Time to call the exterminator,

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

mommysasha1988

We're moving, for more reasons than that spider.  Lol.

Quoting stuckinamess:

Time to call the exterminator,

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
Come join

shyannsmomma
they seem to be really bad everywhere this year. we have killed a couple here inside and out
mommysasha1988
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I'd never seen one, so I imagined them to be large, like tarantulas.  My SO tried to kill it, but I'm not sure if it worked.  I didn't think they were in my area, but I guess so.

Quoting imechard:

Black widows are not large spiders, but they weave webs and stay there so as long as you clean those webs, they really should not be a problem. They stay in their webs, so they do not run all over the place

Come join

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM

yeah theyre nasty! every year we get one in our garage... eeewwww scary

JuliaW
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

We get a lot of them in my area, my kids know not to touch them and they don't worry me too much. I used to live in a place that had camel spiders, now those make me cringe.

mommysasha1988

I have a fear of ALL spiders, large or small.  Even the grand-daddy long legs.  The thought that it could possibly be out there, that close to our front door is almost enough to send me into panic.  I keep going over and checking around our door to see if it's coming in.  It makes me super nervous.

Quoting allsolittle:

yeah theyre nasty! every year we get one in our garage... eeewwww scary

Come join

mommysasha1988

Me too.  Wolf spiders do too.

Quoting JuliaW:

We get a lot of them in my area, my kids know not to touch them and they don't worry me too much. I used to live in a place that had camel spiders, now those make me cringe.

Come join

nikkikry
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM

We've got brown recluse (sp?) where I live. We found one on my in-laws porch once....that sucker was HUGE and creepy as heck. So now when I'm on their porch I'm a little more cautious.

Quoting JuliaW:

CafeMom Tickers

in love I Married My High School Sweetheartttc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)