Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I use....?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

What cleaner can I use to get the burners on my oven clean? I've tried soaking them several times with different cleaners and nothing really loosens up the black stuff on them.

I love my girls, Madison and Isabelle and my husband Sam more than anything in this world! :)

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
imechard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Baking soda paste, just add water to bakings soda and let it set

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Use a scrubby pad thing too.

~Jill~

TheFoo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I use 409 Kitchen cleaner and it works like magic.

TheFoo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Oh and if its an electric glass stove top...use the 409 then wipe clean then use a razor blade to get the black gunk that is just plain stuck.

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

How about an SOS pad

PeytonDylansmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I always used those SOS pads. It takes a lot of work depending on how much gunk is on there. Good luck!!!

Dixichic
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM

if its an electric gas stove with a self cleaning oven just out them in the oven and use the self clean option and it will burn it all off and you only have to rinse them off.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Quoting Dixichic:

if its an electric gas stove with a self cleaning oven just out them in the oven and use the self clean option and it will burn it all off and you only have to rinse them off.

Yep if its a self cleaning oven all you have to do is pop the elements into the oven before you start the cycle. I do this all the time. :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Brandy.B
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting Dixichic:

Yep if its a self cleaning oven all you have to do is pop the elements into the oven before you start the cycle. I do this all the time. :)

We just moved here. I'm not sure. How do I figure out if it a self cleaning oven?

I love my girls, Madison and Isabelle and my husband Sam more than anything in this world! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)