• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ribs in a crockpot question????

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok so i want to do some bbq ribs in the crockpot but im not sure how to? what kind of ribs do i need? thanks ladies!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom24147
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM

i would use western style ribs but i would boil them first then finish them in the crockpot with bbq sauce if you like. cook untill fork tender.

mcelmo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I use any kind that I can fit into the crock. I brown them up, and then add sliced onion and a whole bottle of sauce and let cook all day.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Dance13
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:50 PM

My Mother in law just made some yesterday she put them in when she left for work (used the western style ribs) and cooked them on low from 7am to 5 pm. They just fell right off the bone.

Mena929
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:53 PM
This is one of my favs!!!!!!!!! You can use any kind of ribs, bone in or boneless, pork or beef, just if they are bone in I cut them into about 3 large slabs, season them up and pour bbq sauce in the crock pot and turn it on and wait! They are soooooooo yummy this way, all the meat gets so tender and falls right off the bone! Enjoy:):)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)