Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boost Mobile

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Does anyone here use Boost Mobile?  If so I have a few questions for ya:

1. Does every boost mobile phone qualify for the unlimited everything for $50/month or just certain phones?

A friend gave me her i335 one and I am not sure how this all works..lol

2. How does the 'chirping' thing work?  I have a number for it and I can give it to other boost mobile people to chirp back with?

3.  Do you need minutes or a "plan" like the $50 unlimited one to chirp?

4. Do you like the service? Pros? Cons?

**YES!  I do know that this is prepaid service!

everythingseriously405.jpg All 3 of us picture by ProudArmyGF2006

140-1.gif picture by ProudArmyGF2006

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awooding
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Their website answers the questions regarding plans and phone compatibility.

I liked the service just fine, but the coverage area didn't meet our needs (when we moved out of state we had to get new phones). I guess it's better than tracfone though.

~~~

Money may help you get by in life,

but it can't teach you how to enjoy it.

WanziesMommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Boost is an okay service! Some of there phones are crappy....sry gotta admit that....my son has one of the phones

The last two he had discontinued adn yep they were both the same phone, it had something to do with the charger with actually charging the phone.I think its $50 for all the phones that includes unlimited texts and talking, but if u want something else it might be $60 a month.  In order to chirp u have to have ur number and the other person has to have one as well...u can only "chirp" those that have it , of course. The phones are good all throguhout the states....because they have changed somthings recently like I said it just depends on the actual phone itself! But I like it for my son b/c its unlimited at a resonable price......Hope that helps!

Jayda1980
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Quoting WanziesMommie:

Boost is an okay service! Some of there phones are crappy....sry gotta admit that....my son has one of the phones

The last two he had discontinued adn yep they were both the same phone, it had something to do with the charger with actually charging the phone.I think its $50 for all the phones that includes unlimited texts and talking, but if u want something else it might be $60 a month.  In order to chirp u have to have ur number and the other person has to have one as well...u can only "chirp" those that have it , of course. The phones are good all throguhout the states....because they have changed somthings recently like I said it just depends on the actual phone itself! But I like it for my son b/c its unlimited at a resonable price......Hope that helps!

Thanks...as for chirping...can you still chirp though with NO minutes or anything on it if you know the person's chirp number?lol...I ask b/c I was told this, but wasn't sure how true it was....

everythingseriously405.jpg All 3 of us picture by ProudArmyGF2006

140-1.gif picture by ProudArmyGF2006

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM

You pay 50 dollars and get unlimited Direct connect,talk,and text.We all have them.

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Quoting WanziesMommie:

nope,50 dollars is talk ,text and DC.voice mail,two way calling........

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Any boost mobile "chirp" phone will work. The one you have will. I have this and I love it. My DH and I chirp each other alot easier than calling. You will need to buy a $50.00 reboost card every month to keep it active.  Everything is unlimited use and I actually just switched to them because it is cheaper. Just give everyone you wish that has a boost mobile walkie-talkie (chirp) phone your chirp number and they can chirp you. So easy. The service is good where I'm at in South Florida. You don't have to use the unlimited plan, but you must add money or the phone nor 2-way will not work. You need to re-boost every 90 days or your phone will shut off. I have the i855 which I believe is discontinued.

If you don't use the unlimited plan,  you will still need to pay $1.00 a day just for chirp. If there's no money in your account it will shut off, because they cannot deduct the dollar for that day of 2-way usage.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM

by the way my dc is:154*973*909

WanziesMommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Yes.....u can still chirp with even if u have no minutes left, but its kinda hard to explain though...lol! maybe some else can....my son doesnt do that chirping stuff, but I had one at one point and I could, but i think it was like one minute left on the phone....lol!!!

Quoting Jayda1980:

Quoting WanziesMommie:

Thanks...as for chirping...can you still chirp though with NO minutes or anything on it if you know the person's chirp number?lol...I ask b/c I was told this, but wasn't sure how true it was....

Mom2Jayson
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

My fiance' has Boost now.  The $50 plan can be used on any of their phones.  The plan covers unlimited texting, calling, and I *think* web service (not sure on that, he doesn't have that plan yet).  If you don't get the $50 plan, then you basically pay as you go.  The plan he has is $1/day for unlimited "chirping" (or if you're familiar with Nextel, direct connecting - you can commute with Nextel subscribers as well) and texting.  You then pay a certain amount per minute for phone calls.  Now, if you don't want the $50/month or $1/day plan, you just go with the basic that is pay per call, and $.10/text $.25/picture message.  He's never had a problem with his service at all, except when we don't have the funds to keep his phone activated & it shuts off.  lol

Mom2Jayson
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Correct, to a point.  *Sometimes* we've found that if he's completely out of minutes, NOTHING will work and the phone just shuts off.  Other times just the "chirping" will last until the end of that day (ie midnight)

Quoting WanziesMommie:

Yes.....u can still chirp with even if u have no minutes left, but its kinda hard to explain though...lol! maybe some else can....my son doesnt do that chirping stuff, but I had one at one point and I could, but i think it was like one minute left on the phone....lol!!!

Quoting Jayda1980:

Quoting WanziesMommie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)