Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online schools?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken classes from an online school? I want to go back but there is no possible way right now, so I thought about doing online classes. Do you think an employer would take an online degree seriously?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KristaP13
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM

bump

I almost posted something similar to this :) I was looking up schools today and all I kept getting was online schools... I feel the same way. I'm wondering if an online degree is taken seriously also.

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I'm taking classes through the community college online, you can do either, but it's more convient online.  I don't know what an employer would think, but if you do the work and pass the class I don't see why it would matter if you didn't sit in a classroom and did the same work. 

roughneckswife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I want to get into elem. education and I know you have to have hands on experience, so how would you go about this through an online course? Maybe a business degree would be more suitable? lol

aidenleesmomma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I went to University of Phoenix for one semester, and it was AWFUL. They charge a ridiculous amount, the classes are a joke, and employers and other schools think it is a scam.

But I am taking online classes from my local college, and I love it. So just do not choose University of Phoenix. Please. :)

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Quoting roughneckswife:

I want to get into elem. education and I know you have to have hands on experience, so how would you go about this through an online course? Maybe a business degree would be more suitable? lol

That I don't know, but maybe check into the community college and see what online courses they offer, maybe talk to an adviser.  Maybe you could do your general ed classes online.

roughneckswife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Thanks for the input girls! I think I will go through our community college!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)