Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a "pregnant dream" before you found out you're pregnant?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 25 Replies

I did. Dh and I TTC for 5 years and were told many times that we wouldn't be able to conceive the natural way So when my period was missing, my boobs hurt and I had terrible heartburn I didn't even get the idea of pregnancy. But than one night I dreamed that I was pregnant, it was a very strange dream too. I was driving around with my best friend and her husband and they were talking about me in the front, I was in the back seat  and when I asked them what they are talking about the husband said " god damn Mia you still don't know you pregnant?!"... well I took a test a day later and sure enough it was posit iv and I was 6 weeks preggo :).. so did you had a pregnant dream? What was it?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauraluann
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I didn't, but after I found out I was pregnant I went to see my mom to tell here.  When I got there, she was like "Are you pregnant?"  I told her I was and asked how she knew.  She said she had a dream that she was playing with a four year old boy at my house and he was my son. 

It was strange, but it would of been even stranger if I had a boy, but I didn't.  I had a girl and now I have another girl on the way. 

CafeMom Tickers
stpalmsgirl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Quoting lauraluann:

I didn't, but after I found out I was pregnant I went to see my mom to tell here.  When I got there, she was like "Are you pregnant?"  I told her I was and asked how she knew.  She said she had a dream that she was playing with a four year old boy at my house and he was my son. 

It was strange, but it would of been even stranger if I had a boy, but I didn't.  I had a girl and now I have another girl on the way. 

LOL that would have been crazy!

Jennylynn86
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I didn't, but a week before I found out the sex of my son, I had this dream.  I dreamed I had the baby and nobody would tell me if the baby was a boy or a girl.... They put the diaper on the baby and that was that.... wouldn't let me see the baby.  So, after everybody had left the room for one reason or another, I hopped up out of bed...ran to the baby (Still in the warmer) and checked to see if the baby was a boy or a girl... Sure enough... It was a  boy.  A week later, I found out we were having a boy.  I just KNEW he was going to be a girl before this dream... My sister had a boy so I was going to have a girl.... Yeah, little did I know.  Now, I would love another baby boy but will be so pleased with whatever Nemo (yes, Nemo) is...

Another thing, 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, a coworker went up to my mom (I worked with my mom at the time) and asked if I was pregnant.... Apparently she could tell my boobs were already getting huge.... So it was no suprise when we told my mom (oh, and I found out I was pregnant when I was 5 weeks along.....)

Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I did with this pregnancy.  I dreamed that I took a pregnancy test and it came positive.  So I took one that next morning and it was positive! 

SinisterQueen
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM

nope, but my mom did, she told me i was pregnant. both times. she did it to my sister too, kinda creepy

masons.mom.6.16
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Yes with my first baby! I had a dream my husband was holding our baby & I walked through the door and he was playing with her and I freaked out because I thought she was going to fall out of her blanket while he was playing with her. He was playing rough with her in my dream, or so I thought! lol  It was a girl baby and she wrapped up in a pink blanket. When I woke up, I told my husband (boyfriend at the time) that I needed to get a pregnancy test because I thought I was pregnant. It came out negative, couple weeks later I took another and it was positive. That baby is in heaven now, we never knew the sex but I am sure it would've been a girl. We have two boys now!

mama-w-peanut
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Quoting lauraluann:

My mom also had a dream that i was pregnant before i even knew. When i found out i was going to see her the next week so i waited because i wanted to tell her in person and while talking on the phone with her i told her i had a suprise for her (we get little things for each other all the time so it shouldnt have suprised her) and she said your not pregnant are you .... i said oh no no no ----- hahahaha! she then told me after i told her the next week that she had a dream she was sitting with me as i got my ultrasound ... so of course she came up for the ultrasound!!!

MandaRose83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I never had a "pregnant dream". But I knew I was pregnant by how vivid the dreams were! With this baby I actually told my husband I was pregnant before I even took a test because my dreams were so life like. A week or two later, I took a test and it was positive.

EthansMomma129
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I did. We were not trying either and I wasnt late or had any symptoms so it wasnt like it was something I had subconsciously thought about. I dont remember the exact dream but I remember I was pregnant and already knew it was a boy. Then later on in my pregnancy I had like a flash of his face while I waslaying in bed, i wasnt asleep so i dont know what you want to call it...lol...and sure enough it was the exact little face I saw when he was born. I had told my mom about it and she thought that I was crazy but knew I wasnt making it up.

3greatkids751
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Yep..I just did the day before I found out I was preggo..I had a dream it was a boy!! =) Hopefully my dream will come true!! =-) I got 3 girls so it would be nice if it was a boy!

Come on click the link you know u wanna!!      http://www.cafemom.com/group/105870

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)