• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice...TMI

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok well I know that this may sound like I am complaining, but this is getting annoying.  I haven't had a period since May 10th so my doctor decides to give me Provera to make me start. I am supposed to take it for 10 days. Well I am on day 8, and still haven't started. I am really trying to be patient, but I can't get pregnant without a period. DH and I have been trying since Feburary, and then this happens. I don't know what made my cycle screw up. Has this happened to any of you at all? I am getting kinda nervous about not getting my period yet. I just need some extra advice to kinda ease my mind I guess. This is just so stressful.

ttc

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Have they done any tests to see why you're not getting your period?

katie31
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I didn't get my period for three months a little while ago and after pregnancy tests by doctor told me to lose weight and its stress. never put me on pills to start it. I was on birth control when this happened but stoped taking it after i missed the first one in case of pregnancy.

Mom2Jayson
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Take a deep breath momma =)  I too went without a period one month (still not sure why to this day) and my doctor prescribed Provera (1 pill a day for 10 days).  Luckily my period started the night I was supposed to start taking it.  lol  Anywho my doctor (and other mommas) told me that usually the day of your last pill or the next 2 days, your period should start.  Keep in mind that if you still don't get one, there are other issues at hand. 

*Baby dust!*

MommaMelly17
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Quoting loralynn:

Have they done any tests to see why you're not getting your period?

They think its because I have been stressed. They said that if I dont start a week after the 10 days that its very important that I call them. That has me kinda worried. I don't know though. I guess I have been pretty stressed.

ttc

Crushersmommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

i was kinda like you i suppose. i was on depo for 18 months. my first shot was when my son was 4 weeks old. i was not having anymore anytime soon lol anyways i got off my shot in hopes of getting my period back and maybe losing some darn weight.....1 month goes by.....3 months go by....5 months go by.... i was starting to get worried. finally i get a period. i seriously thought i was going to die! it was mad cramping and bleeding. so anyways it finally ends 8 days later....i usually have 3 day periods so i was like omfg. but then when it came time for a second one it was 3 weeks late. so here i am 9 months later and ive only had 2 periods....im still not on any bc and still no regular period.....

im a teen, non-working, college going, anti-spanking, co-sleeping, pro-life, potty training, sugar giving, non-smoking, non-drinking,church going, soon to be marine wife, i dont care what youve got to say about my parenting, type of mommy ;)

pink_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Sounds like your a little stressed, and that could be a lot of the reason for not starting.  Try to just take a deep breath..

MommaMelly17
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Quoting pink_mommy:

Sounds like your a little stressed, and that could be a lot of the reason for not starting.  Try to just take a deep breath..

Yeah I am quite a bit stressed. I am trying not to be, its just kind of hard. I think I am so stressed because if I dont get my period then there is no trying for #2. I was really excited about trying for #2 then this happened. I am trying so hard though.

ttc

MommaMelly17
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thank you all for replying.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)