Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird/Funny things you thought as a kid...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 62 Replies

When I was little I use to think that when my grandparents would "bomb" their house ( for bugs obviously ) it meant they were going to literally make the house explode & start all over to get rid of the bugs! LOL. Now that I think of it...that's a damn good way to make sure you don't have bugs. Just blow ur house up & build another one.

Whats some funny or weird things you thought as a kid?

cute-graphic-mommys-cutie-pie.gif

things-you-hate.gif

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I thought (because of my older brother) that you were allotted only a certain amount of curse words throughout your life..

I also thought (because this was preached to me) that if I didn't pray before I fell asleep and I died I would burn in hell... 

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

Faia
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM

i thought that bailiff was just the persons name that stood next to the judge... i was like why are all the police officers next to the judge named bailiff.. until i realized that was their position

Justina Faiatattoo

loralynn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

When I was a kid I was at my Aunt & Uncles in the city and a guy flashed us when we were sitting on the front porch, I was afraid I would get pregnant because I saw a guys weiner!

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM

My mom and Dad were talking one day, and I remember hearing my Dad use the old phrase "there's two ways to skin a cat".... Thinking he meant they were going to kill my cat!! I found my cat and ran upstairs crying trying to hide with him! My brother found me and explained to me what they really meant! 

KYChica

LOL oh you poor thing! What the hell was wrong with that guy!? lol

Quoting loralynn:

When I was a kid I was at my Aunt & Uncles in the city and a guy flashed us when we were sitting on the front porch, I was afraid I would get pregnant because I saw a guys weiner!

things-you-hate.gif

TeigansMom0505

I used to think that my mom had control of what song came on the radio so I would ask her all the time to play certain ones.  Not long after that I remember thinking that the car radio would be playing the same song when we got back in later.  I think it's so funny now because my boys are EXACTLY the same way!  I also thought the TV weather man controlled how the weather was going to be!  hahaha!

2brats1chkymnky
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I used to think that "hollywood" was another planet. Although it seems as if it is sometimes, it is not,lol.

hautemama83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Now this one is kinda sad, but when I was little my mom told me that bad girls get struck by lighting, so every time we had a storm and there was thunder and lighting I would sit there trying to figure out if I had done anything bad that day lol

in lovebaby boygirl on a swing

HeatherMae55
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

rolling on floor

Quoting hautemama83:

Now this one is kinda sad, but when I was little my mom told me that bad girls get struck by lighting, so every time we had a storm and there was thunder and lighting I would sit there trying to figure out if I had done anything bad that day lol

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

KYChica
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I just remembered another one.

I use to watch scary movies all the time but I was never afraid of the monsters or bad people because I thought you had to be as grown up as the actors on the movie before the monsters would get u lol.  

things-you-hate.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)