Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you love your child too much? (kinda s/o)

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Can you love them too much?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe so /other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

The post about getting hurt over your SO saying he loved your daughter more than you got me thinking...

Is it possible to love your child too much? And I am not talking about the sick physical type love. OBVIOUSLY there is a very distinct line there. But I seriously wonder if I would be able to live without DD. I think it is very possible I would die of a broken heart (Which is an actual cause of death. I have personally witnessed it). I just wonder if that would be considered 'unhealthy' or if that is the norm when you become a mommy. So, please share your thoughts :)

myspace commentsPhotobucket

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mena929
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I think it would be possible to die of a broken heart from losing a child, and I think that would be completely normal as well.

Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM
432mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I think I would die of a broken heart if I lost either of my children.  I cant see my life w/o out them. But then again I might pull it together for the remaining one... Who knows, and I hope to NEVER find out.

hautemama83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

No I don't think you can love your child too much, unless of course the love you have for them is causing you to shelter them from things in life, because you are trying to protect them also KWIM

in lovebaby boygirl on a swing

Reba30
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM

You can not love your child too much.  If one of my children died I do not know how I would keep going. I know people who have lost children due to illness and in a car crash.  They keep going, doing what they have to, but I don't know if I could.

Faia
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM

no because a childs love is the closest love to god... so my love has to match

Justina Faiatattoo

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

absolutely not....and the 8% who did i'm curious as to why you would think so.

DeTora_Family
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I know there are many mothers who go on after the loss of a child.  I would not.  Just last week, I told my family that if anything were to ever happen to my son, I would soon follow.  I meant it.  I would literally lose the will to live and die of a broken heart.

As for the post about loving your child more than your spouse/SO, it's a very, very different kind of love.  I cannot compare the two because the love I have for my children is unconditional and cannot be broken.  A spouse could do a lot of things that would eventually lead me to stop loving him and never want to see him again.

DeTora_Family.gif picture by Buddy07_L

I am a green, pro-gay-marriage, NestlĂ©-boycotting, attachment-parenting, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby/toddler-wearing, cloth-diapering, early toilet-teaching, extended-breastfeeding, delayed-vaccinating, non-spanking, hot-tempered, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino.  You do not have to agree, but that is me.  Nice to meet you :)

Raising Rocco Blog

jacobsnanna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I think no matter how much you love them, when they are gone you never feel like you loved them enough. There are many days I feel like crawling in a hole and dying but I know she wouldn't want that and I have others that need me. So just love your babies with all you have in you so that you have no regrets!!!!!!!!!!

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I am so sorry for your loss :'(

Quoting jacobsnanna:

I think no matter how much you love them, when they are gone you never feel like you loved them enough. There are many days I feel like crawling in a hole and dying but I know she wouldn't want that and I have others that need me. So just love your babies with all you have in you so that you have no regrets!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)