• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO YOU HAVE A POOL?IF SO I HAVE A QUESTION?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

We have a pool we bought at walmart and I told my husband to cover it up end of August.He said the kids can play in it through Sept.if its still nice outside.When do you put yours up?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exceptalilfish
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

i say put it up when it gets too chilly to swim.

KRISSH
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I SAY UNTILL IT GET COLD..LOL.AND MY KIDS NO LONG WONT TO PLAY IN IT..MABIE MIDD SEP.

bergmom

We live near Palm Springs, so we use our pool til the end of September. It just depends on where you live.

mrs.hartman05

We have one of those from Walmart too.  It's not the one that you blow the top ring up on it's the other blue ones with the white posts.  We put ours up in late May and take it down in early Sept.

Charlies_mom_83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM

We live in Texas so we dont. The kids are in it year round. I would think though that you should put it up in sept.

TheFoo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Once it is too chilly to swim. End of August in Minnesota would be a great time to put it away

SLGross215
by Sarah on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

We put ours up once it's too cold for swimming. Here in MN that's around the end of August to mid September.

FotoFlexer_Animation.gif Mine picture by SLGross215

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM

We live on the Kansas, Oklahoma border and we are putting ours up in about three weeks.

BoxerMomma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

We live in Texas and could no way swim year round.  They can use it usually from May - mid October.  I would take it down when they complain it is too cold to swim.  My sister has the pool you have though and they leave it up all year.  I think it comes with instructions on how to leave it up in the winter.

Quoting Charlies_mom_83:

We live in Texas so we dont. The kids are in it year round. I would think though that you should put it up in sept.

minimom11107
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM

We close it when we don't want to swim anymore.  Public pools are open Memorial to Labor Day though, you could use that as a guide.

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)