Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast pumps?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm pumping and I need a good but cheap breast pump I can afford to under 50 but thats it. I have been looking every where but I Electric pump it  would be easier on me....I just need Ideas

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Ameda is a decent pump. I'll be honest, I got my pump for $60 off of Ebay. It was a double breast pump. I sanitized the hell out of the bottles, and purchased brand new tubing and end pieces. That was cheap off of the Ameda site.

When I was done, I put it back on Ebay and got $65. A LOT of pumps can be found on Ebay.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Breastfeeding Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

imechard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:55 PM

For that price I have no idea. 50 bucks won't go very far unfortunately. You might be able to rent one though

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM

i paid a lil over $200 for my medela double breastpump. do u know anyone that could borrow you one? also take a look on your craigslist....u might be able to find something 

HybridMom27
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Here's a good link for you: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/bf-links-pumps.html

Have you thought about a used pump? You can pick up a used Medela for around 50, then you just get new "works" - tubes and bottles and horns - and you're good to go. Check out eBay and Craigslist.

I had a Medela doublepump which they don't make anymore but is pretty good. Still, if I were pumping every day, I'd save up to get a Pump In Style. Yes, they are expensive but still cheaper (and obviously better) than formula, so if you're going to pump every day, get a good one.

Also check with your ped and your insurance company. Some peds will write a script for a pump and then you can get it covered by your medical insurance.

I just checked ebay and there are Medelas there for sale for $50. I do also have to say that the Avent pumps are quite good - I only had a manual pump, but it was excellent once I learned how to use it. The Avents I'm not sure I'd buy used - I know the Medelas are safe used because the milk never comes in contact with anything except the horns, tubes & bottles, so when you replace those, it's as if it's a brand-new pump.

GL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)