Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All these mother in law posts!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 24 Replies

I wonder what makes mother in laws act the way they do towards there daughter in laws????  ( going off some of the posts)

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandithesuperm
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I don't know? I'm very close with my mil.

Paesana82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I have one of those MILs. I always think, man, I think I'm a pretty nice person and I'd make a good MIL, but maybe there's something that happens wen your son gets married that makes you go crazy? I don't know.

All I know is I'm gonna try my hardest not to turn into my MIL.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Vantrice
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM

IDK, but I am so thankful I don't have those problems..... I love my MIL very much and I don't know what I would do w/out her, my mother is absent in my life and my MIL has bent over backwards to be there for me.    :)

SunnyJoJo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Mine is like majorly bipolar and doesn't take her meds. So that's why she acts the way she does. But now that she drinks she's pretty awesome!

hautemama83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I have no idea, but I will say I think it totally goes both ways sometimes, some of the things I have read on here about women flipping out because their mil did this and that, just makes them sound like the idiot not the mil. I am almost afraid to be a mil some day

in lovebaby boygirl on a swing

isra1986
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

THey don't want to let go of their baby boys and don't want another woman to have any control over them!
I got blessed with a wonderful MIL who doesn't speak English, but she tries to always be nice to me. I have so much respect for that woman :)

Vantrice

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Mine is like majorly bipolar and doesn't take her meds. So that's why she acts the way she does. But now that she drinks she's pretty awesome!

LOL

hadcarmom

Im glad and I bet no english helps a bit!! :D

Quoting isra1986:

THey don't want to let go of their baby boys and don't want another woman to have any control over them!
I got blessed with a wonderful MIL who doesn't speak English, but she tries to always be nice to me. I have so much respect for that woman :)

Harlowangel
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM

That is a question that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to know the answer to.... Mine is the DEVIL...the spawn from satan himself... she ,,,,agh,,, im not even gonna go any farther..... Lets just say that whoever my kids marry, are gonna be treated like ROYALTY, because no one deserves to be treated the way I have been treated.... EVER...

marshsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I get this with my MIL.  When she is at our house and my husband comes in from work she rushes to get a first kiss and hug before he can say hello to me.  It's such bizzare behavior, I can't understand it.  A lot of strange things happen with her....

Quoting isra1986:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)