• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hemophilia

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

Are there any moms out there who have Hemophilia or have children with it? I've known about my Hemophilia C since I was 14 and today my daughter was just diagnosed with it as well. I wasn't surprised that she has it, I was just really hoping it would have magically skipped her. It doesn't mean a whole lot of things will change for us. She'll just have to avoid blood thinners like Aspirins and Ibuprofen and she'll more than likely have to be on a birth control pill once she starts her periods just to keep them regulated since they can be excessive when the Hemophilia C. Also, she's having a minor surgery (abdominal hernia) very soon and the doctors are going to have to take some extra special precautions. I am VERY afraid of this, of course, but I have a lot of faith in our children's hospital.  What was it like when you found out? How are you dealing with it?

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EsmeVincent
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I'm not and I don't know anyone who is but I hope all goes well with your dd surgery

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM

When we were little my Mom's best friend Doris, all of her four son's had it.  I don't know the specifics we just knew that if they got hurt while we were playing they needed to get help ASAP.  Back then they got lots of blood transfusions and all of her kids wound up dying from HIV or Hepatitis C.  They screen everything now so it's much safer as a matter of fact she had a daughter last and she also has it but she's fine and a happy young adult now.  With all of the advances in medicine she probably won't even notice it.  I'll pray for her though, can't hurt!!! 

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Quoting EsmeVincent:

I'm not and I don't know anyone who is but I hope all goes well with your dd surgery

discokittten
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Oh jeez...Yea, hopefully, Johanna won't have to have any blood transfusions but it's still a possibility with her surgery coming up. I am pretty sure Type C is way more mild than A or B...She won't need a port for infusions or anything either. I think it's pretty rare for females to have type A and B...and C is much more manageable. I'm REALLY scared right now though because I'm due with number 2 in January and we don't know what it is.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

When we were little my Mom's best friend Doris, all of her four son's had it.  I don't know the specifics we just knew that if they got hurt while we were playing they needed to get help ASAP.  Back then they got lots of blood transfusions and all of her kids wound up dying from HIV or Hepatitis C.  They screen everything now so it's much safer as a matter of fact she had a daughter last and she also has it but she's fine and a happy young adult now.  With all of the advances in medicine she probably won't even notice it.  I'll pray for her though, can't hurt!!! 

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)