• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons teeth are a little yellow

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

he brushes them day and night. is there anything that can be done? he is 10.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM

crest white strips? I dunno have you tried taking him to the dentist or use a whitening toothpaste?

smilesalways26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM

They are probably not getting brushed good enough. He probably needs to get a good cleaning from the dentist.  

lenalove
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Some people naturally have more yellow colored teeth. I naturally have kind of yellow teeth and my red hair makes it stand out a bit more.

Just make sure he is getting his teeth cleaned every 6 months at the dentist, and it helps keep them whiter. Maybe ask his dentist about it

Ann7227
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM

My older boy has that problem too. The dentist says nothing to worry about. So When he gets older .I'll get them bleached.

Paesana82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I would NOT do white strips on a kid. They ruin your enamal.

I woudl take him to the dentist just to make sure nothing's wrong. Some people just have yellowish teeth. it sucks but it happens. I happen to have not so white teeth. It's not because I don't brush, there's nothing wrong with them, it's just the way they are. And I don't drink wine and they were like that before I started drinking coffee.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

crest white strips? I dunno have you tried taking him to the dentist or use a whitening toothpaste?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

dwintz2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Was he on alot of antibiotics as a younger kid? If so that is the problem. My 8yo has the same problem and she was on alot of antibiotics as a babe. I would not recommend using OTC whitening stips tho. Those wear down the enamel. If you are worried that much about it ask your dentist 

LeLe417
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Try using a whitening toothpaste, (if you haven't already.) 

Michelle2080
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

As a dental asst of 10 years let me explain whats going on. First of all....Your child is 10, which means all of his perm teeth are more than likely not in yet. When you see perm teeth erupting and they come up next to baby teeth, they appear yellow. Baby teeth are unnaturally white. Adult teeth appear more yellow, that is completely normal. They are darker but it's supposed to be that way and won't be so prominent once there are all permanent teeth present. Second of all, the whitening strips are not going to harm his teeth BUT, you cannot do whitening strips until all permanent teeth are in b/c then the new teeth that come in won't be the same shade/color. Usually it is recommended not to do any whitening until at least 16 years of age. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)