Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT---Do any of you have a Ford Focus XTS?? The 2002 model??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, I test drove this car and would like to know if any of you have one or know of anybody who has had one. We're looking at getting this for a second vehical that gets great gas mileage and I just want to see what there is to say about this car...good or bad...

Thanks!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
smarshy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM

We have a 2002 Focus!

I like it, but my DH calls it a chick car! Lol.

Its good on gas mileage.. I would say we spend about 20 bucks for a tank right now, gas is like $2.25ish, and highway driving we use a quarter tank per hour of driving on the interstate. I think we have like 25mpg?

Ours had 33K miles on it when we bought it, so it was good deal.

It is pretty compact though, so there is not a lot of storage.

Car seats fit ok, although I would check first if you need to..

Ours has the latch system..

Overall I like mine!

Bunky22
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I loved driving the car and the car seats fit in there better than it fits in our Trailblazer!!  I'm going to be driving my kids to school and back and the drive is like 50 miles per day. School district where we live---not so good. So, that is why I'll be driving them to a really good school. In our opinions.  SO, that is why we're thinking about this car and it's affordable too. It has 77, 000 miles on it and you would never know it by driving it.

Quoting smarshy:

We have a 2002 Focus!

Its good on gas mileage.. I would say we spend about 20 bucks for a tank right now, gas is like $2.25ish, and highway driving we use a quarter tank per hour of driving on the interstate. I think we have like 25mpg?

Overall I like mine!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

smarshy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Sounds like you should like it!

Ours seems to have as my DH calls it "no balls" meaning, you won't win a drag race. (Like he would ever be in a drag race. Pffft.) Also our transmission slips a little, but apparently that is pretty common in Fords.

DH is a mechanic and is just wierd.

Just make sure that you take it to get checked out by a certified mechanic before you buy it. Most shops around here will do them for free for you.

Since it is 77K it should have had a tune up and should not have the factory plugs and wires, so that is a good way to make sure it was taken good care of in general.

Quoting Bunky22:

I loved driving the car and the car seats fit in there better than it fits in our Trailblazer!!  I'm going to be driving my kids to school and back and the drive is like 50 miles per day. School district where we live---not so good. So, that is why I'll be driving them to a really good school. In our opinions.  SO, that is why we're thinking about this car and it's affordable too. It has 77, 000 miles on it and you would never know it by driving it.

Quoting smarshy:

We have a 2002 Focus!

Overall I like mine!

Bunky22
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Smart thinking! We'll check them out!

Quoting smarshy:

Sounds like you should like it!

Ours seems to have as my DH calls it "no balls" meaning, you won't win a drag race. (Like he would ever be in a drag race. Pffft.) Also our transmission slips a little, but apparently that is pretty common in Fords.

DH is a mechanic and is just wierd.

Just make sure that you take it to get checked out by a certified mechanic before you buy it. Most shops around here will do them for free for you.

Since it is 77K it should have had a tune up and should not have the factory plugs and wires, so that is a good way to make sure it was taken good care of in general.

Quoting Bunky22:

Quoting smarshy:

We have a 2002 Focus!

Overall I like mine!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

Bunky22
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

BUMP....

~mom of 2 cute girls~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)