• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow..its really hot.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Its supposed to be in the 90's in western Washington (Tacoma, Lakewood, Puyallup, ect) & we dont have an a/c. We have fans all over the house but they really arent much relief. I know 80-90 degrees isnt extremely hot (back home it could get up to 110) but when you dont have A/C it is AWFUL. We cant afford to go out & buy one so do you have any tips on keeping cool while we are indoors? I've been giving Elijah (age 2) a sippy cup with ice when he's in his room in case he gets too hot, I've been letting him carry around his "owie" ice pack & it turns to slush in about 10 mins. Any other ideas?

My loves <3 Sr. Airman Walker && G. Elijah

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM

K..I'll go have a heat stroke now...:-P Bump. 

WanziesMommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Yeah im in California....in the Inland! Inland just sounds HOT....doesnt it.....LOL!! Just dont move around alot if u can help it and keep freezing ur water a little and drinking it, thats what me and my 12 yr old do!!! hope it helps! 

hautemama83
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Yup me too, its hotter than hell outside, this is when we stay inside with our little ghetto window a/c lol

Quoting WanziesMommie:

Yeah im in California....in the Inland! Inland just sounds HOT....doesnt it.....LOL!! Just dont move around alot if u can help it and keep freezing ur water a little and drinking it, thats what me and my 12 yr old do!!! hope it helps! 

in lovebaby boygirl on a swing

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Hell, I'd settle for a little ghetto window A/C! lol,

Quoting hautemama83:

Yup me too, its hotter than hell outside, this is when we stay inside with our little ghetto window a/c lol

Quoting WanziesMommie:

marshsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

If you can't do a kiddie pool you could let your son play in a cool bath, then my other suggestion is wear as little clothing as possible :)

ncmommyof3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I work from home and my office gets soooo hot what I do is put ice pack or freezing cold clothes around my ankles and for some reason or the other it keeps me cool for a while. as for your little one let him play in the tub like a swimming pool or pots and pans of cold water. Freeze koolaid cubes for him to suck on 

Visit my blogs daily! http://motheringthree.today.com/  and http://motheringmadesimple.today.com/ 

It's not just a physical attraction,I love him for every single thing he is. Every word he says, every step he takes.This will never die.

lace209
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM

This sounds stage but it helps. Open your windows at night when it's cooler. Then before it heats up the next day close them and keep them closed until night. Use the fans to move the air in your house around. Put some ice in a towel and put it on the back of your neck. drink pleny of water.

meadow42005
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

put a pan of ice behind the fan

EthansMomma129
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I feel your pain. I am at the moment working in a carryout place that has no ac at all and ive got 4 deep fryers directly behind me. Its in the mid nineties outside right now with humidity which makes it worse cuz there is no breeze. The only thing that I've found that works is to either spray yourself with water and turn a fan on facing you and to wet a towel or rag and fold it up and place it in the freezer for a little while and then wrap them around your neck or head until they thaw out. Let your little one play in the bathtub of cool water. put his little swimmy trunks on, he'll think its funny. :)

Featherwisp
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM

We're in western Washington. Ugh this heat wave is no fun!

We moved up from Cali to enjoy the cooler weather...ha! At least in Cali we had A/C (Ok for most of the year we love WA, these hot days are just killers!)

It is currently 85 in the "cool" house. We always open the windows at night and close them in the morning but that can only help so much.

I like the pan of ice behind the fan idea, I might try that out. Currently we use wet dish towels on the back of our necks, drink a lot of cold water and juice and either play outside in the kiddie pool or I run a cool bath and the boys play in there with their boats, and I stick my feet in and read a book.

Stay Cool!

I'm a: Time-out giving, Natural Birthing, Pro-BFing, Non-Vaxing, CIO, Homeschooling, Open Minded, Circumcising, God Trusting, All Faith Embracing, 2 Boy Raising, Wed to a Geek, Animal Loving, Techno-Geeky, Forum Addicted, Twittering, Blogging - Mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)