• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

annoying words......

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

I teach at a high school and I so sick and annoyed at hearing these words from them.......even some adults use them....

..."what's up dog or dawg"..."it's all good"...."that's tight"...."that's the bomb"..."that's the business"....."fo sho"....."fa sho"..."hey shorty"......and im sure theres more!        Im not ur "dawg" or ur "shorty" and its not "all good"  

What words are u annoyed at hearing? If any....

WHEN WILL IT STOP?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

lol that annoys me too!!!! or 'nah mean' its like really? u cant say you know what i mean!? lol lazy!!! ugh i hate it too!  

Sygar71
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

lol. I can so relate I have 4 teenagers and thier choice of vocabulary drives me crazy. Half the time I have no clue what they are talking about. I was/am hoping it's phase and someday they'll come back to reality and speak English..LOL

Pen 

smarshy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Lol! I thought a lot of those words were outdated already...

AJmum
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I HATE the word ain't. I just totally hate it, I think it sounds uneducated, My children know it's as bad as a swear in this house.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Hella

like damn thats hella loud!

It sounds absolutely ghetto and uneducated.  Not to mention that its annoying.

prego7386
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM

i think the one that gets on my nerves most in this : hype pronounced high-pee or even the hyfie (pronounced high-fee) its flippin annoying.

Ziggy-Stardust

Irregardless.

It is redundant and I HATE it. It burns me up that it is even a word and its in the dictionary.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

ElijahsMommy58

Thats tight...thats the bomb...hella.. argh, they get on my nerves!!

My loves <3 Sr. Airman Walker && G. Elijah

Paesana82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

LMAO! My and my brother always mess around and talk like that for like the first 5min we are talking to each other. I was going to give you an example, but I don't want to embarass myself! We mix up the old school slang with the new.....yes, we're big losers! But we're just messing around.....when I hear people talking like that for real it's pretty annoying.

What's even more annying, people who say "like" all the time and people who talk and every other word is a curse.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Mom2aMiracleBoy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

'my bad' annoys the shit out of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)