Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Schools

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was just wondering if any of you are finishing your degree online.  Do you feel like your really learning compare to if you were going to a campus?  If any of you have gotten your degree online. Are you having problems with the working world recognizing your degree?

As a mom of 3 and twins veryyyy soon on the way.  I still want to finish getting my degree.  I think this will be a great way too do it. I just want to make sure its recognize as being on the same level as if I went to a traditional college. 

Thanks in advance for any comments and opinions.

I will achieve my dreams for myself and my family!
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReluctantWriter
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:37 AM

jumping ropeBump

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:44 AM

I'm going to school online. Is it harder. HMM yes its a little more difficult because it's mostly teaching myself. But the test are definitely easier. As for the world recognizing them... well I just don't know. I think in the next few years they are going to be recognized more significantly than they are now just because so many people are having to go this route. Plus, online learning requires a lot of discipline and determination.

misscortez420
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:46 AM

i am currently attending UOPX (univ. of phoenix) and well so far it's very easy but you do learn! you have your projects and assignments just like any other school, except you get to skip the gossip, the classclowns, and you dont have to worry about doing presentations in front of the whole class = ) So far i I have been learnign about proper ways to write a memo and ways to give an effective presentation. If your still wondering how it all works there's a group for us moms that go to Phoenix online. Well hope you figure out what you want to do.

in loveyvonne and aaron happily together!

Proud Parents of Cheryl!toddler girl

misscortez420
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Quoting sherry132:

I'm going to school online. Is it harder. HMM yes its a little more difficult because it's mostly teaching myself. But the test are definitely easier. As for the world recognizing them... well I just don't know. I think in the next few years they are going to be recognized more significantly than they are now just because so many people are having to go this route. Plus, online learning requires a lot of discipline and determination.

There ya go mama! that's another thing i completely forgot to mention! IT IS VERY EASY TO SLACK OFF and if you like to PROCRASTINATE it really ISNT for you. I learned the hard way the first week that when they say look at your syllybus they really mean it because they DONT SPOON FEED you your assignments.

in loveyvonne and aaron happily together!

Proud Parents of Cheryl!toddler girl

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:02 AM

I take online classes through the university of phoenix. i love them and i really am learning a lot!

i have done both the physical classroom and now online and I honestly prefer the online learning. it's not for everyone though. it is really easy to get behind if you dont stay ontop of your assignments. but, if you follow your class calendar and syllabus, it's completely fine!

i am in my core classes now (classes that are specifically for my degree) and they are a bit challenging, but i am totally learning the things i need to know.

good luck!

dpatte03
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I currently go to school with devry. I did university of phoenix but i hated it and felt it was a rip off! Right now I love devry. Are you military? There is also UMUC, Schiller Interntational, there are a ton of online schools now....You just have to do your research and find out what works for you!

usaf_wifey07
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:21 AM

i havent started yet but i will be completeing all of college online, but i did take 2 online classes while in high school, im not saying they are really the same but i liked them better they are more self paced so that was good for me. and im sure as long as the school is accredited you shouldnt even be able to tell if you went to school online or on campus. i will be going to university of maryland online and my diploma or whatever it is called will say university of maryland not university of maryland online. 

2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 5:10 AM

I got to school online at the UOP! I love it. It allows me to be home with ds and also get a degree. I feel like I am learning a lot. I do not feel disadvantaged being online as opposed to a campus. I

I think this is the best idea for someone to have come up with. Go for it.

roxy85
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM

I LOVE doing online classes. There's no stress of finding a sitter or trying to study for impossible deadlines. I am an insomniac, so my teachers are used to getting assignments turned in in the middle of the night. I am doing a self-paced medical transcription and coding program through Brighton College. I can complete my classes as quick as I want or take time off if that's what I need. I'm loving the course of study so far. The best part is that it's a job I can do from home when I graduate!

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Daniellecrimson
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 6:24 AM

I was just wondering...How do you do the financial aid for online schools?  And about how many hours a day do y'all spend on online school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)