• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Modesty

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was raised that you never sit around in the house in just your underware, you never run around outside or in the house naked and you wear modest clothing.

I feel out of place now because it seems most people were raised that its ok to do these things. I raise my daughter the way I was raised and people call me uptight.

What do you think?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeLe417
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I think you should raise your children however you think is right. Don't worry about everyone else. "Fitting in" is very overrated. 

lilangilyn
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I razed my chilren wit the same valuble lessons. Running around naked is not good. Not cleen either.

itzjustbabyfat
I was raised like you for the most part. I'm not as "uptight" as I was raised, BUT I am all for modesty
mistie900

I agree

Quoting LeLe417:

I think you should raise your children however you think is right. Don't worry about everyone else. "Fitting in" is very overrated. 

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting LeLe417:

True... but I do run around my house naked half the day LOL

Ann7227
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I have three boys and when they were younger yes they ran around in their undies.In the house and it was not a big deal. Save me from doing a lot of laundry. lol Their older now and don't do that now. But I see no harm in it. And also a man that is single in his own house. Can walk around naked if he wants. I mean it doesn't hurt anyone. lol

SageZen
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I believe there is a time and place for everything. I think its important to teach how to distinguish the correct time from the incorrect time. 

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I don't like to show alot of skin, either.It's not because I'm uptight, it's just the way I was raised. I don't feel comfortable showing alot skin.  

mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quoting LeLe417:

Sagely
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:08 PM

agreed

Quoting SageZen:

I believe there is a time and place for everything. I think its important to teach how to distinguish the correct time from the incorrect time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)