Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coming up on Dr. Phil....Who has it worse SAHM or Working Mom

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM
  • 65 Replies

I can't wait to hear what Dr. Phil thinks.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missmom2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

is this todays episode??

My Kids

sxwalke
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Who has it worse??? lol....hrmmm...I lvoe being a SAHM....its great!  and when I was a working single momma, I did work that I loved, and spent as much time as I could with my daughter.  Whether that meant her sitting under my desk coloring....or going to the park every saturday.....if you thik you have it bad you should probably do something about bettering your life.  I am greatful to stay home, wouldnt change a thing utnil my kids are all in school.......but I love to work too and once I have the time I will help provide for my family doing something I enjoy.  :)   

haileysmom2833
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM

it is one of the Dr. Phil Classic that has been on before, but here in Texas, it is on right now.

Okay, maybe not who has it worse, but who does more and which is harder.

heather953
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I love being a working mother gives me a lil break away  from the house and helps pay on the bills I would feel pretty worthless if I let my husband do it all. And I have money in the checkbook to get what the kids or us need.

DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

hmmmm...that should be interesting!  I never thought that one was Worse than the other, I just think moms do what is best for their child, I use to work and I had to because I was a single mom. I did what I had to do as a single mom, I never thought to myslef that a sahm had it worse, and I never thought just because I was working that I had it worse...I just did what I had to take care of my kids. I stay home now, and I miss working, but dont take for granted staying home.

mirandar2001
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I think it's equal. I've never seen it but I've missed Dr Phil for today. Let us know. 

sxwalke
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Worthless.....lol.....I would use a better term, kinda rude.  I bust my butt 90% of the day, have very little me time....yet all the money that comes into this house has hubby's name on it.  I still am able to get the kids and I anything we need or want though.    Maybe when you are home you just dont do enough    ??

Quoting heather953:

I love being a working mother gives me a lil break away  from the house and helps pay on the bills I would feel pretty worthless if I let my husband do it all. And I have money in the checkbook to get what the kids or us need.

LeLe417
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Hopefully the "debate" on there goes smoother than it does here on CM

DomesticDoll
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Quoting heather953:

why would you feel worthless??? if you stayed home and took care of your kids how is that "worthless"? just curious..

gilbertgrl627
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Oh geez! lol. I might have to watch it, just to see what he thinks. I don't really care, but it would be interesting to see what a man thinks about that. IMO, both have it equally hard. Each case is different, and sometimes the SAHM has it harder than the working mom, and vise versa. But, all in all, I think it's about the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)