Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarriage/pregnancy

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my friend had a misscarraige 6 weeks ago. she hasnt had a period since then. to day she tested and it was positive. is there any way it would be a false positive from the misscarraige or hormones? it was her first miscarraige. any info is appreciated.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mediumchunkx
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM

6 weeks later - chances are shes pregnant again.

lalala09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

It's also possible she was carrying twins and only miscarried one. I don't know how far along she was and if she had, had an ultrasound before then.

Quoting mediumchunkx:

jess311
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

thats exactly what i was thinking. the hormones from the pregnancy she lost should definately be gone. lots of women have gotten pregnant after a miscarriage before they have another period. my cousin just went had the same thing happen to her.

Quoting mediumchunkx:

cabado2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM

awesome thanks ladies knew i could count on you:)

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I am only going to give you the quick version of my story. I was 5 weeks when I was told by the ER that I had miscarried. I had to have blood drawn every couple days until my HCG returned to 0. Almost 2 weeks later, my doctor finally got the results of that labwork and called me to schedule me for another bloodwork and ultrasound. My Hcg levels went back up still indicating a pregnancy or the need for a D & C. I was the case of the first one. I never had miscarried, but was misdiagnosed.

Since its been six weeks, she needs to see doctor,  because it is very possile that she is again pregnant, or like me still pregnant, or it could be something else. Hugs and prayers for her.

cabado2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM

thanks!

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I am only going to give you the quick version of my story. I was 5 weeks when I was told by the ER that I had miscarried. I had to have blood drawn every couple days until my HCG returned to 0. Almost 2 weeks later, my doctor finally got the results of that labwork and called me to schedule me for another bloodwork and ultrasound. My Hcg levels went back up still indicating a pregnancy or the need for a D & C. I was the case of the first one. I never had miscarried, but was misdiagnosed.

Since its been six weeks, she needs to see doctor,  because it is very possile that she is again pregnant, or like me still pregnant, or it could be something else. Hugs and prayers for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)