• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salmon Recipes.... Please Help!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone have a really good EASY recipe for salmon. I'm making it for dinner and don't know how. I need something that doesn't take a lot of spices too because I don't have hardly any and don't have time to go get some. Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mitch576
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM

yuck.. no i don't eat any type of fish. but here is a bump for you! i hope you find some good recipes.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Laura4807
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Well hold on just a second, and i will go pull out my salmon recipe book...

Im from/in Alaska, I hate salmon but I know of quite a few recipes :-)

Give me a few minutes though, lol

Im, Laura. I hope you learned that from my screen name. If not, well now you know. I live in Alaska. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Snow Ninja. Although my day job is standing outside in front of my igloo looking like Igloo Trash in my snow boots, seal skin tank top & short skirt and screaming profanities at my neighbors. I'm marvelous, I know. I have a daughter named Lorelai. Her daddy is Chris and together we make one big family of Igloo trash. Be Jealous.

mistie900
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

BUMP!!

bjdmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM

DH throws some butter, salmon and lemon pepper in a foil packet and bakes it in the oven. I like it that way. Add a nice salad to it and some grapes and you have on of my favorite meals.

Turtleangel04
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Got brown sugar, lemon (fake or real) butter and garlic salt?

Lightly spread a 9x13 with PAM. Put the salmon in and then coat salmon with everything (1/4 cupish) melted butter, (at least 1/2 cup) brown sugar, ( 1 1/2 tsp.)lemon then (1tsp) garlic salt.

Cover with almuninum foil. Bake 350 for 25 min or til salmon falls apart with a fork.

This can be done on a grill as well. BUT wrap the salmon and everything in aluminum foil.

typing groom   teen boy

Funny Pictures

Group Owner of: NoDak Moms & SewWhat. Admin for: East-side Gossip & Washington State Mommies.    Yahoo IM: TyphoonTurtle  (Add your CM nick to request)

Laura4807
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:09 PM

OK here's a few EASY ones:

Baked Salmon with Pepper & Onion:

Salmon fillets

1 green pepper, sliced lengthwise

1/4 cup cliced onion

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayoniase

1 teaspoon dillweed

- Place aluminum foil in bottom of a shallow baking dish. Place salmon in baking dish and lay the green pepper and onion slices over salmong fillets. Combine sour cream, mayonaise, and dill weed and pour over salmon fillets. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes. [DONT forget the aluminum foil, Salmon stick REALLY bad]

Poached Slamon with Mustard sauce:

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup chipped onion

1/2 cup julienne carrots

1-3/4 cups of water

1/8 cup lemon juice

Salmon fillets [3 to 4 pounds]

Mustard sauce:

2 cups mayonnaise

1/8 cup parsley

1/8 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons of prepared musturd

dash of pepper

- Heat buter in a heavy deep skillet and saute chopped onion & julienne carrots. Ad the 1-3/4 cups water and lemon juice. Bring to ab boil. Place salmon fillet in the boiling mixture. Cover & simmer until fish flakes, about 20-30 minutes.

Mustard sauce: Combine all ingredients and blend well. Serve with the poached salmon.

Salmon with Pesto Mayo:

Salmon Fillets

1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

3 tablesppons of basil pesto

shaved parmesan cheese

place fish fillets on the GREASED unheated rack of a broiler pan, tucking under thin edges. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickeness or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. [if fillets are 1 inch or more thick, creafulyl turn once halfway through broiling] Meanwhile, for topping, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise and pesto. Spoon mixture over filets . Broil about 1 minute more or until topping is bubbly. If desired, sprinkle tops with the parmesan cheese.

[sorry for any misspelled words and stuff, i typed this directly from my book, lol]

Im, Laura. I hope you learned that from my screen name. If not, well now you know. I live in Alaska. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Snow Ninja. Although my day job is standing outside in front of my igloo looking like Igloo Trash in my snow boots, seal skin tank top & short skirt and screaming profanities at my neighbors. I'm marvelous, I know. I have a daughter named Lorelai. Her daddy is Chris and together we make one big family of Igloo trash. Be Jealous.

AmyNB
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Mix equal parts of melted butter and brown sugar. Pour over salmon and bake until done. Not the healthiest, but yummy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)