Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Bout to LOSE My Effin Mind...........

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM
  • 55 Replies

I cant do this....for the last few months, my DD (now 22 months) will NOT take a nap....she gets up by 8am every day, has breakfast, eats lunch at noon, and is put down for a nap by 1...well its 3pm and shes STILL freakin awake...she keeps getting out of her bed, going back and forth between mine and her bed, and just wont go to sleep....she does this shit at night too, and im about to lose it....i dont know what to do with her. She has GOT to nap...i have a week old, and her and a 4 year old...the boys nap...SHE refuses to...id agree with those who say its because of the new baby, but its not...its been going on for MONTHS....im gonna say at least 3 or 4 months, and we dont know why. No, shes not in a crib, shes in a twin bed that she can get in and out of....any advice would be great, before i go completly nuts....we've tried the putting her back in bed, tried ignoring her, tried sitting in there til she falls asleep (she wont go to sleep if im in the room), tried daddy putting her in there (and that only works if he spanks her <bash me i dont care, its my kid> which we only do if NOTHING else works and im tired of spanking), night lights keep her up, music keeps her up.....ive tried incentives to a nap, EVERYTHING i can think of. I asked my mom her advice, and she thinks its funny...so no help there...so please HELP!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luna091306
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM

My dd did the same thing when we switched to a toddler bed. My solution, I put her back in her crib during naps. I don't know what else to suggest other than that. It was the only thing that worked for us.

Kaelaasmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Maybe she is ready to give up naps. My daughter was about that age when she gave them up. 

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM

try a nice warm bubbel bath with lavender bubbel bath  and some warm milk before bed

thats all i got sorry i cant help more i hope it works oh failing that try some benadryl lol my husband said lol

CafeMom Tickers
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Shes been out of a crib since she was 15 months, and the baby sleeps in it now anyways

Quoting Luna091306:

My dd did the same thing when we switched to a toddler bed. My solution, I put her back in her crib during naps. I don't know what else to suggest other than that. It was the only thing that worked for us.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Shes not allowed to give them up yet lol! Thats the only time i get anything done :(

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Maybe she is ready to give up naps. My daughter was about that age when she gave them up. 

Featherwisp
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Consider a baby gate. We still use one for our 2yo. Once he switched out of his crib (he was climbing out, so better to be closer to the floor in a toddler bed) he refused to stay put for naps or night time.

Using the gate we know he's safely in his room. We don't keep many toys in there, just whatever it carries in from the play room at nap time and a couple of his favorite stuffed animals. This way he gets bored and goes to bed.

It's not a perfect solution, he is still up and not napping sometimes, but he can't bug his brother or get into anything he shouldn't (sometimes I need a nap too!) and if he won't sleep at least we're having some down time!

I'm a: Time-out giving, Natural Birthing, Pro-BFing, Non-Vaxing, CIO, Homeschooling, Open Minded, Circumcising, God Trusting, All Faith Embracing, 2 Boy Raising, Wed to a Geek, Animal Loving, Techno-Geeky, Forum Addicted, Twittering, Blogging - Mom.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I used to do that, and it worked really good, but i cant use the lavendar stuff on her skin, i have to use the Aveno now....and shes potty trained, so no liquid after 7pm :(...

Benadryl is sounding really good right now lol! (im totally kidding)

Quoting babie113:

try a nice warm bubbel bath with lavender bubbel bath  and some warm milk before bed

thats all i got sorry i cant help more i hope it works oh failing that try some benadryl lol my husband said lol

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I need to get one, because if i close the door , she will climb on crap and tear the decals off her door and walls....

Quoting Featherwisp:

Consider a baby gate. We still use one for our 2yo. Once he switched out of his crib (he was climbing out, so better to be closer to the floor in a toddler bed) he refused to stay put for naps or night time.

Using the gate we know he's safely in his room. We don't keep many toys in there, just whatever it carries in from the play room at nap time and a couple of his favorite stuffed animals. This way he gets bored and goes to bed.

It's not a perfect solution, he is still up and not napping sometimes, but he can't bug his brother or get into anything he shouldn't (sometimes I need a nap too!) and if he won't sleep at least we're having some down time!

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

This.  My son stopped right around 2.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM

My almost 5 year old still takes naps....i see no reason she needs to give them up until she goes to school

Quoting maynaysmom:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

This.  My son stopped right around 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)