• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat issue.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

A few days ago I answered a postt about a pregnant outdoor cat and what to do with her.

How ironic that my DH's indoor/outdoor cat just gave biirth to kittens. I always joked with him that she was getting fat...told him he needed to get her "fixed" and when I wake up this morning, my DD is screaming that she's hearing strange noises in the livingroom.

When I go in to investigate, HIS damn cat is behind my couch (between the couch and the wall) with kittens..WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFf??!!!

Now I know I can't move her...I know I can't move the babies either. But wth am I supposed to do??  Leave her behind my couch? I mean, if she gave birth there, she won't move from there for awhile, no?  Help!!1 I am not comfy with leaving them back there. and as much as I know about cats, I know my options are limited...Is there something I'm not thinking of. Also, when I called him, I asked him if he knew this for sure and didn't do anything. He panicked, because she's been on FRONTLINE this whole time....will that screw up the kitties???

Photobucket
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM

When I was growing up, we moved our kittens all the time. We would just take a box and put a soft blanket in the bottom and put the kittens and the mama in there and put them some place more appropriate.  The mama kitties actually always seemed to appreciate having a comfortable, safe place for their kittens.

IowaMommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM

She can move them right away, but usually only if she feels threatened for their safety.  If she is behind the couch, then she probably thinks that's safe and she probably won't move for awhile.  As for the frontline, I have no idea.  And I'm NOT bashing, but if she also goes outside she really needed to be fixed if you didn't want kittens.  They can and will (obviously) go get laid.  Dh and I joke that cats are whores!  :-)  I would not let her outside again until you fix her.

tkangel
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Oh trust me i know. MY catt is fixed and since this happened this morning, I've been joking about how he isn't the baby's daddy. and how since they live together, she's gonna try and pin the babies on him..MAURY..lol. 

The thing is it was his cat...HE rescued it and I left the job of getting her fixed up to him...we see where that went...I'll get her fixed myself. LOL. But in the mean time, I'm just concerned for their safety...

Quoting IowaMommie:

She can move them right away, but usually only if she feels threatened for their safety.  If she is behind the house, then she probably thinks that's safe and she probably won't move for awhile.  As for the frontline, I have no idea.  And I'm NOT bashing, but if she also goes outside she really needed to be fixed if you didn't want kittens.  They can and will (obviously) go get laid.  Dh and I joke that cats are whores!  :-)  I would not let her outside again until you fix her.

IowaMommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

LOL!  Yeah, you can't leave that kind of stuff up to a man!  Don't you know by now that women have to do things for themselves or they'll never get done?  :-)

Quoting tkangel:

Oh trust me i know. MY catt is fixed and since this happened this morning, I've been joking about how he isn't the baby's daddy. and how since they live together, she's gonna try and pin the babies on him..MAURY..lol. 

The thing is it was his cat...HE rescued it and I left the job of getting her fixed up to him...we see where that went...I'll get her fixed myself. LOL. But in the mean time, I'm just concerned for their safety...

Quoting IowaMommie:

She can move them right away, but usually only if she feels threatened for their safety.  If she is behind the house, then she probably thinks that's safe and she probably won't move for awhile.  As for the frontline, I have no idea.  And I'm NOT bashing, but if she also goes outside she really needed to be fixed if you didn't want kittens.  They can and will (obviously) go get laid.  Dh and I joke that cats are whores!  :-)  I would not let her outside again until you fix her.

smadar
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Actually if it's your husbands cat i would suggest you wait and let him move the kittens and the momma. Since it is his cat then momma is more likely to let him touch them than you, and she may not feel comfortable letting you even touch them at all at first.  I guess it depends on how close you are to the cat, and how long you have had her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)