Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military wives...No drama post just a question for them

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey I was just wondering if any one's hubby or SO has gone from and enlisted to an officer while actually on Active Duty? If so how did they go about it? My husband is about to hit his 1 year mark, He's a PFC in the USMC but he's pickin up Lance in Nov. He is going to start school but he wants to become an officer as soon as he gets his bachelors. I was just wondering what programs are out there besides MESEP. He wants to stay in the USMC or transfer to Air Force or Coast Guard...Thanks for any replies in advance:)

href="http://www.tickercentral.com">
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CraZedSAHMof3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM
My husband was enlisted first, he put his packet for Warrant Officers School, he's now a CW3, but he's Army, I have no idea about the Marines momma! I hope someone can help ya.
raine.arnesen
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I'm not 100% sure how that works, but my DH is Coast Guard if you have any questions about that. I could also ask my husband, I know he has looked into all of the different things already about moving up to officer and all of the other forms of advancement (he's only been in for 6 months, but this is a career for him).

DakotaRose
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM

He can talk to his recruiter or apply to one of the military academies. That's about it besides MESEP. 

RmeWifey01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM

We're Army so I guess that won't help ya. Sorry. Also mine went Guard while IN school, and ten went back AD.

GavsMommy726
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM

There is the MESEP program and the Warrant Officer program. I do believe the Warrant Officer Program in the easier one of the two, but don't quote me on that.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Thanks ladies.....We just don't know for sure if he can apply at another military acadamy when he's enlisted in the Marine Corps.....I did wonder though if he is in the middle of an enlistment...say he's done 6 years and he still has 2 left can he put in a package for OCS or does he have to wait until he's up for re-enlistment?

ProudArmyWife88
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM

You can do g2g. Green to gold. He does college and is in the reserves while bcoming an officer. My husband is thinking about doing it. He is E4 almost E5(So proud of him. I know its not a big deal but haha!)  

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

He doesn't want to become a warrant officer because he has 2  be a seargent with 8 years to put in that package. He wants to become an offices ASAP so he can do a majority of his 20-25 as an officer :)

GavsMommy726
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I'm not sure. My husband is a Marine and I know he talked about doing the Warrant Officer Program and I know he could do it with like 1 or 2 years still left on his current contract. I think he can put in the package but he might not get it until re-enlistment. I am not sure though. He can go to any of his enlisted and ask them. They will know all about it.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Thanks ladies.....We just don't know for sure if he can apply at another military acadamy when he's enlisted in the Marine Corps.....I did wonder though if he is in the middle of an enlistment...say he's done 6 years and he still has 2 left can he put in a package for OCS or does he have to wait until he's up for re-enlistment?

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Thats awesome!!! Damn m y huby is E-2 almost E-3 and I'm proud of him lol and that really ain't anything:)

Quoting ProudArmyWife88:

You can do g2g. Green to gold. He does college and is in the reserves while bcoming an officer. My husband is thinking about doing it. He is E4 almost E5(So proud of him. I know its not a big deal but haha!)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)